Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Is This Running My Mouth?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I made a comment yesterday to the assistant manager about the food aisles at work.

I said that I like to recover the food aisles, because I'm in charge of food that needs to be clearanced due to it getting ready to expire.

Then I said that the stockers aren't doing their jobs correctly, because time after time again, I see food being stocked wrong. Not being placed in the wrong area or looking bad, but they will put things that expire LAST in front of things that expire FIRST. So, customers buy things first that expires in say October versus something that expires next week.

This is a real issue at my store. I am always pulling carts full of food that is expired or needs to be clearanced because of this, and in turn we lose money because people are not buying them or because they are paying less for them.

My coworker heard me (and she doesn't do stock) but she told me I needed to stop *Running my mouth* about the stockers.

Excuse me but how the fuck is that running my mouth? I made an observation and brought it up to a manager. It's not like I said the stockers are all worthless bimbos who can't pull their heads out their asses. I just said that they needed to start doing the food right and explained how they were doing it wrong.

The manager told me that I didn't know what all they had on their plates so I shouldn't say anything. And OK, I admit, I don't know. But I do know that it's a very simple concept to put OLDER food FIRST and NEWER food LAST so you don't get food expiring because it sat on the back of the shelf where customers don't reach.

I'm going to bring it up to the head manager today. The assistant manager that I told, I get the feeling she doesn't like me, but I'm sorry. I feel I have a valid concern that needs to be addressed.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM

good luck with that...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM

yeah, in my opinion, that's what they should be doing. If the manager doesn't change it, let everyone you know in on it and tell them to buy their fresh perishables somewhere they DO care.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM
5 moms liked this

You have a legitimate issue here, but the way to phrase it is that you have noticed that you have a lot more items that are expired because the newer items are being stacked in front of older items, and could this be changed, because it would help the bottom line.

In that way, you are pointing out a problem and not pointing a finger at the culprit.  He's smart enough to figure out who is in charge of stocking, right?

Rephrase your complaint. It IS legitimate, but you are blaming, which is probably what you coworker is attempting to point out. 

anitarichman
by Anita on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I agree with you.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I agree with you about the stocking but honestly I doubt you are going to get any kudos from anyone for this. Also if you keep going around blaming people and going over the manager's head you might need to find a new job soon.

mamakin616
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I would think that the manager would be happy that an employee is trying to do things the proper way and also trying to save the store  money. What you describe is an easy concept and should be able to be handled ..reguardless of what anyone has on thier plate..I think everyone has issues and other things to deal with outside of work..but it should not prevent them from doing a good job .

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM
All you can do is try to bring the error to light and either they act on it or they don't. You wouldn't be held accountable if the store lost money because of them overlooking a problem in order to keep the peace. The manager will be held accountable. Tell the manager if he cares about shrinkage them he'll want this fixed
emsmom627
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:42 AM

i always reach into the back to get the latest expiration date.

mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Don't point fingers, however, you do need to discuss FIFO with management. It should always be done, whether in a restaurant, grocery store, etc...

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Do you complain often?
That may be why they said that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)