Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SORRY.... There is NO GOD. (Poll inside)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: God is.....

Options:

Non existant

Weak

Evil

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 186

View Results

Answer me this... If there is evil in the world because of the devil, does that mean god is too weak to destroy the devil, or just doesn't want to destroy the devil? It HAS TO BE one or the other. Either god is weak, non existent or evil. SO which is it?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Replies (411-420):
partygal19dani
by Danielle on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:16 PM
False!!! Think about this........a mother sits back and watches as her husband horribly abuses her child and does nothing to stop him........that's not wrong or evil to you??!!! According to our human laws, she could go to jail for that and have her kids taken away from her!! I would say she is evil and also weak to not protect her child!!!

Quoting carterscutie85:

Just because you let something bad happen, that doesn't make you evil.

Quoting Kazoo22:

By what you said there, you are agreeing with her logic that God would have to be evil because he lets the Devil "have his time". Whether or not God is actually evil, the fact is that according to our understanding. definitions, and logic as humans he would be considered evil. 

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Or think about this.

A Mother told little Johnny not to touch the stove. She told him a million times but he still keeps trying to touch the stove.

Finally, she lets him. Johnny realizes it's hot and never touches it again.

She let something bad happen to him. She let him touch something that was hot. That doesn't make her evil.

Quoting partygal19dani:

False!!! Think about this........a mother sits back and watches as her husband horribly abuses her child and does nothing to stop him........that's not wrong or evil to you??!!! According to our human laws, she could go to jail for that and have her kids taken away from her!! I would say she is evil and also weak to not protect her child!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Looks to me like you are only talking about the Christian god.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:45 AM

No, that means God was gracious enough to allow free will.  Get off your Haterade.

romalove
by SakePrincess on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Quoting carterscutie85:

Or think about this.

A Mother told little Johnny not to touch the stove. She told him a million times but he still keeps trying to touch the stove.

She let something bad happen to him. She let him touch something that was hot. That doesn't make her evil.

Quoting partygal19dani:

You're talking about teaching a lesson here.

Whether I agree with the lesson or not, there are many instances where bad things are done to other people and there's no lesson in sight.

For instance, a pedophile poaches a child from the bus stop, sexually assaults them and kills them.

The pedophile is exercising their "free will" but it interferes with the free will of the child to live a long and happy life.

If God could step in and stop the pedophile, why doesn't he?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:48 AM

None of the above.

I look at it this way.  I love having religion in my life.  It keeps me grounded.  The weekly homily at church holds a plethera of information to help me live a more rewarding and good life.  I have been taught since I was a child to be respectful, have morals and life a good life and be a good person. 

I see it this way.  If there actually is no God then oh well.  I believe and will always believe. I have friends that have different beliefs and some do not believe in God at all. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 58 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:53 AM

God will put a stop to all of the evil the time hasnt come yet. Where in pray tell do you think you'd go if He did come and stop all the evil right now?

In the hell fires that's where.

Time to thank God He hasnt stopped all the evil in the world yet??????

Use your head and stop being stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 59 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Why are you so worried about this if you don't believe? Issues?
partygal19dani
by Danielle on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I get what you are saying about "learning a lesson"......the HARD way, but in MY example, there is NO lesson to be learned........an innocent, powerless child is getting hurt over and over again by someone who is supposed to love and protect him/her!!!!  And the mother does NOTHING........probably because she is also afraid of her husband or doesn't want him to leave her because she is financially dependent and has zero self-esteem...........so she looks the other way.......... and her kid suffers repeatedly or even dies one day from the abuse!!!  Do you realize how often this scenario happens in life all around the world??!!!!  It's sickening!!!  

And let me ask you this.........so this same Mother (your example) sees that Johnny keeps running out into the street, not worrying about cars.  His mom tells him over and over not to play in the street.  So one day, she actually sees a car coming and allows Johnny to remain in the road and get hit.......to teach him a lesson.  Guess he'll never do THAT again.........especially if he is dead, right??  So yeah, I'm inclined to protect my kids at all costs and prevent learning lessons the hard way as long as I am alive on this planet!!!  Because that is my job as a mother........to love, guide, and protect.........and I am not going to have my kids learn lessons by physically hurting themselves.........nope, never!!!! 

Quoting carterscutie85:

Or think about this.

Quoting partygal19dani:

glorytojehovah
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I didn't vote as there is no choice to vote that He is REAL :)

God gave us free will. He is good and we are evil because we choose to do bad things. God does and has intervened in our lives, but unfortunately He usually doesn't get the credit for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN