Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO's bro cheating on my friend!WWYD *UPDATE*

Posted by   + Show Post
My SO's bro lives with us. He has been dating my childhood friend for 11 years. He is cheating on her right now. My SO told me to stay out of it. I really want to tell her. SO told him that he needs to break up with her if he wants to continue his new relationship. Of course, the pussy wont tell her. He claims he thinks his gf is cheating on him which is complete bullshit. He's just too much of a pansy to tell her that hes done with her. Well my SO and I talked about this and we agreed we will not allow this new girl on our property. We dont want any drama. I have nothing against her, she probably doesnt know that he has a gf. I really dont need to see that shit, i mean its bad enough that im not telling my friend. So No Balls decides to bring new girlfriend over. As polite as i could be, i yelled across the yard " shes not welcome here". Of course he left but i warned my SO that his bro is probably pissed at me.

I know im being a shitty friend so lets just get that out of the way.

I
What would you do?

Update:

So after reading all the replies, i decided to tell SO that i was going to tell my friend. I said that we are just as guilty as his brother is if we dont tell her. And that Im sure he'd want to be told if his bro found out i was cheating. He agreed and he said we should tell her. Well about 20 min after we talked, his bro came home. He had been avoiding me. I go outside with the kids and he walks up to me and said that we were right, that he needed to tell my friend that is was over. I said that i was glad he'd do it because she needs to hear it from him, not me. So he said he would do it sunday(we spoke on sat). I warned him that if he didnt do it, i would.

So it sunday and i get a call from his friend and he informs me that No Balls in in jail. He and his buddy decided to go camping,he got drunk and ended up ditching his friend. Have no clue what happened to get his ass landed in jail but there he sits.
How convenient, he had given himself a timeline and failed miserably. That could have been his plan in the first place. Maybe land myself in jail so i dont have to break up with her. . So i called my friend and gave her the news. Of course she is upset. Apparently she has been iffy about their relationship lately and this is giving her the push she needed to get out. We remain friends:)
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Replies (91-100):
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM

You need to tell your friend. My bff and I have an agreement that if we know the other's man is cheating and we don't tell, we're just as guilty as he is.

Chrissywissy
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I would tell her, your loyalty is to your childhood friend not to a cheating asshole!

madpenguin33
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM
They were living together but she decided she didnt want to anymore because he wasnt paying his half of bills. Not the best guy in the world. So she moved in with her mom and he unfortunately moved in with us.

Im still undecided on if i should tell her. Im screwed either way though.

Quoting kaycersmom:

11 years and they don't even live together? Doesn't sound serious. I would tell her because I would want to be told and I would worry about him giving her an std

kaycersmom
by Katie on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Let him bring his new gf over then invite your friend to come hang out lol jk

Quoting madpenguin33:

They were living together but she decided she didnt want to anymore because he wasnt paying his half of bills. Not the best guy in the world. So she moved in with her mom and he unfortunately moved in with us.

Im still undecided on if i should tell her. Im screwed either way though.

Quoting kaycersmom:

11 years and they don't even live together? Doesn't sound serious. I would tell her because I would want to be told and I would worry about him giving her an std

Justtina888
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I would tell.  My brother gf of 9 years was cheating on him and her best friend told him.  The girls are still best friends today and live with each other.  He was crushed and pissed off at everyone who knew and didn't tell him sooner.  He could have contracted an std too!  Sometimes i think though that maybe she had the friend tell him bc she was tooo chickenshit to tell him herself.  Do the right thing.

kaycersmom
by Katie on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I just cant imagine doing it, id think what's the point. I wouldn't enjoy my own space though lol

Quoting Anonymous:

my mom and her SO have been together for close to 15 and they dont live together. :shrug: Both enjoy having their own living space.

Quoting kaycersmom:

Ashley1113
by Ley on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM
You can be just as committed whether you are married or not. Marriage doesn't stop people from cheating or leaving either.

Quoting Anonymous:

No they don't. But they can't claim they are as committed as people who do get married.

The guy in question is cheating on his wife with his girlfriend and cheating on his girlfriend with his new side piece. That's just pathetic.

Quoting Ashley1113:

People do not have to get married to be happy -.-

Quoting JanineDeer:

well................not many like to hear my opinion on long-term "SO" or my BF.... if the guy has not asked you to MARRY HIM after a year and a half.. just WHY is the girl still there?????????

SHE put herself into this situation by lying to herself for ELEVEN YEARS that he is a great guy and OH i LOVE him! whatever.

11 years and no marriage- he's a user.   She was a convenience to him. She allowed it. 

Now she will have to live with the consequences.   I hope she can pick up and leave.  You should tell her why prolong it for years more?  Youth is VERY fleeting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I think all relationships are different.
Neither my mom nor her SO, who has been in my life since I was like 10, plan on ever getting married. Both have been married and divorced, and now don't feel that a 'marriage' determines commitment. They do have each other in their wills and both have power of attorney.

Quoting kaycersmom:

I just cant imagine doing it, id think what's the point. I wouldn't enjoy my own space though lol

Quoting Anonymous:

my mom and her SO have been together for close to 15 and they dont live together. :shrug: Both enjoy having their own living space.

Quoting kaycersmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM

If it's so obvious that I know it's going on without having to even do anything, then I'm kind of already in the loop, whether you want to admit that or not. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's really not. You just don't like the situation so you feel like you need to be involved.

Quoting Anonymous:

If he is living in MY house, and cheating on MY best friend, that is MY business.

I would never betray my friend like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

MYOB.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Actually they aren't as committed. Studies show that couples who cohabitate split up more than couples who are married.

But yes, nothing is fool proof except good communication and compromise.

Quoting Ashley1113:

You can be just as committed whether you are married or not. Marriage doesn't stop people from cheating or leaving either.

Quoting Anonymous:

No they don't. But they can't claim they are as committed as people who do get married.

The guy in question is cheating on his wife with his girlfriend and cheating on his girlfriend with his new side piece. That's just pathetic.

Quoting Ashley1113:

People do not have to get married to be happy -.-

Quoting JanineDeer:

well................not many like to hear my opinion on long-term "SO" or my BF.... if the guy has not asked you to MARRY HIM after a year and a half.. just WHY is the girl still there?????????

SHE put herself into this situation by lying to herself for ELEVEN YEARS that he is a great guy and OH i LOVE him! whatever.

11 years and no marriage- he's a user.   She was a convenience to him. She allowed it. 

Now she will have to live with the consequences.   I hope she can pick up and leave.  You should tell her why prolong it for years more?  Youth is VERY fleeting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured