Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has your ds or dd ever been invited to a "fake" birthday party? Update ...ETA #2 ETA

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM
  • 414 Replies
2 moms liked this

Ok my dd is 11 years old. The rule in the class is everyone gets an invitation to a birthday or they shouldn't be given out in class at all. There is a girl who is very popular who disobeyed the class rule and gave out only 10 invitations in front of the whole class. Her Mother was in the classroom celebrating her birthday so the teacher didn't say anything. My dd noticed this and became upset and asked why she didn't get an invite. The teacher took the birthday girl and her Mom into the hall and explained the class rule. The girl and her Mother said they would make up the other invites and give them out. The next day as expected she came with the invites. DD was excited it was a pool party! We went out and got a gift and on Saturday showed up at the party it was at the YMCA.We get there and a few of the friends were already there. We stated we were there for (Kims not her real name btw) they said there was no party booked for Kim H.A few other kids brought the invitation with them showed it to the worker and she insisted there was no party. Meanwhile another girl working there thought she remembered this party. She asked for the girls first and last name and said she thought it was the previous Saturday. So we went home and I treated dd to some ice cream. I figured the date was wrong and I said things happen. The next day at school my dd told Kim about the mistake on the invitation. She said it wasn't a mistake. She said because she had to invite the rest of the class to the party and not just "her" friends her Mom made 2 sets of invites. One with the real date of the party and the others were given the date of the next Saturday to throw them off. I have never heard of this before. Have you?

Just for your info. My dd is not yet in Middle school. This is the 5th grade and that is why the birthday girls Mom was at the party. My dd has a slight social disorder Aspergers and is very shy.

ETA #2... I think there may be some confusion about the class rule. If the inviites are being passed out in the classroom you must have one ready to give to every student.It is not a rule persay that everyone HAS to be invited to the party, Just if you are giving out the invites in the classroom. If you want to privately invite certain members of the class you can go about that by email or snail mail. This reduces hurt feelings and that is understandable.

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CookiePwnz
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:06 PM
104 moms liked this

That mother needs to get punched in the face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM
7 moms liked this
What a bitch move of the mom!
umm.yeah
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM
3 moms liked this
That is horrible. I can't believe someone could be so rude.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM
11 moms liked this

No, that is ridiculous and her mom is a cunt for allowing that. Your dd is better off without a friend like that.

christina0607
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM
12 moms liked this
No.

But i also think pressuring the mother of a middle schooler to invjte everyone is ridiculous.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM
6 moms liked this

Soory about what happened to your dd. But anyway, this rule of having to invite the whole class especially in middle school is ridiculous.

mommy2nicky07
Wow! How messed up!
queencreekmom

Wow, that's a horrible thing to do. 

ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

What a delight that little child will grow up to be! WOW My neighbor is like that and her daughter is a bully...:(

kaysha
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:09 PM
What a bitch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN