Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need help, right away!!! My son is in danger! (Long, sorry)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Help. My son, two years old, has been having behavior and anger issues lately. The last few weeks its been worse. He's started getting inappropriate. And saturday he said something very explicit to me. I spent the afternoon in the SADV pediatrics ward at the hospital. Family and children services is involved. He said he's scared of daddy and that daddy hurt him. I can't believe this is happening.

Basically he kept talking about his finger in his bum. And I thought he meant just toddler curiousity. So I washed his hands and told him not to put things there because it can hurt him, and that area is private. But then, while I was folding sheets a few days later, he said something to me and i didn't really hear him so I just said "I'm folding the sheets". Then he repeated it, clearly, "Are you fingering yourself".

That, plus the behaviours, the sudden fearfulness, he wont sit in the bathtub anymore, and what he said about his dad... I decided to take him in, just in case. They did an exam and found it inconclusive. They don't do internals on kids, thank god.

The worker came by the day before yesterday, and talked to him. She said it's hard because while he's very well spoken for his age (Seriously, if you have kids, teach them the real names for their genitals, teach them that it's private, etc. I didn't think this would ever happen, but I mean, if anyone ever thought these things would happen, we'd prevent them.) he knows all those things, but doesn't understand lying.

However, while she was talking to him, she asked him something totally different. I cant remember. But he said several sentences and ended with "And then daddy hit me, and I say "ow daddy that hurts" and I cry cause it hurts" and was acting sad and playing with the hem of his shirt. I hadn't heard anything about it before. I purposefully avoided asking anything, so that any statements he made to her were pure and not suggested.

I also told the worker about his father's drug use, that he's not using around Kyle but possibly when he's asleep. She sid she'd do a surprise visit yesterday.

My ex has texted me several times since saturday. I still haven't responded to any of them. He's definitely trying to manipulate me. I don't know why he bothers anymore; I can see right through it now. He keeps telling me things like "I hope you're happy" and "If you want me to feel depressed and broken, then congrats". It's not about him, and he can't see it. His son is suspected to be abused, and all he thinks is "poor me"?! He hasn't once asked if Kyle's okay, hasn't said anything about missing him or anything like that. I want to think he's innocent, but who does that?!

She called back yesterday. He denied everything. I mean of COURSE he would, regardless of whether or not he actually did it! That's just... Logic. She apparently can't look in any drawers or cupboards either. So unless the drugs were sitting right out, they'd find nothing. I can't believe "I didn't do it" is enough.

They can't keep him from my son, either. She did suggest that I try to get custody, since the way things are now, he could take him and run. I'll be talking to legal aid tomorrow. I know he'll fight me though. I'm scared I'll lose.

Anyone have any ideas what I should be asking for? I have no idea what there even is TO ask for. I'm Canadian, so any specific legal advice won't be useful to me, but anything I should ask for or do would help. I changed some unimportant details like my son's  name but if you know who I am, please keep it to yourself since it's such a sensitive issue.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:00 AM

I have no word but I'm sorry you are going through this. I pray your son is okay.

deenakate
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I have no suggestions, other than get out.
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM
I don't have advice but I'm sorry this is happening. I hope your able to get custody.
WifeySlymm
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM

so you think dad is abusing him? having sex while kid is awake andhe is seing things? 

momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
You could get a protective order for your son. Explain what your child said to the worker and that your ex uses drugs and that you fear for your child's safety.
Momsparky2
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry for you and your son. I have no idead what should ask for in court. However I do wany to say WAY TO GO MOM! Way to go for noticing the signs that something was wrong and acting on them right away! Keep strong for your son and keep fighting for his safety! Thoughts and prayers go out to both of you.
2Sparrows4ever
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I'm sorry... keep being strong
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:12 AM

bump for help

EmilyG10
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd go back to Canada
pixiesmom2
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Oh my.  I hope you are able to get custody and all turns out well!  So sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)