Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my ds will not be getting anything for christmas, but my 2 dd's will.

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM
  • 49 Replies
ETA for those who are bashing... this is a real post... i know he wont be tramatized and wont remember... i was more thinking along the lines of is it wrong to exclude him because of age... to those ladies who were helpful now i feel better about our decision to just get a couple rattle toys and let him have fun with all the wrapping paper... maybe some baby einstein stuff...

Im due in october and (most likely) will have him sometime in sept (already have contractions and dilated to 4)

So by the time christmas comes he's going to be like 2 or 3 months old... me and dh decided not to get him anything more than a couple little rattle like toys for pics, because he will have a whole bunch of new stuff already.

Is that wrong?

His sisters are 8 and 5 1/2 so of course they are getting gifts. But when I told my mom and tried to explain to her that it wasn't about money just about the fact that other than shoving it in his mouth and probably throwing it he wouldn't need any toys because he's gonna have all the stuff we have already bought to entertain him.

She said we are going to tramatize him for life.
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM
So much idiocy in this post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Seriously?! He's an infant and won't remember FFS.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Some times you have to just ignore mothers...they don't always know everything especially when their head is buried deep in their ass.

Anyways, NO you are not wrong, I'd do the same thing. No traumatizing will be taking place!

AMRios
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM

If you are giving him a few rattles and other stuff that is not nothing... Get him diapers and wipes... Get him a few onsies... He doesn't need much... Save his bouncer and give it to him at Christmas... If he gets nothing the girls are going to wonder why Santa didn't leave anything for him!

imandia4
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Don't tell your mom things. Lol.
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
She's retarded. Like he's going to remember his first Christmas anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmychicks
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Your child will never know! I agree with you and wouldnt go all out either if he has everything he needs. If your mom doesnt like it she can go all out for him:)
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

He's gonna be 3months old, he's not gonna remember.

Just get him some little things and wrap them up in crinkly paper....he'll get a kick out of the noise. :)

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:11 AM

This is what I did with both of my kids

imakehimscream
by He screams on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:11 AM
He won't even know what is going on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)