Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Was Your Child's First Big BooBoo?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM
  • 30 Replies
Last night after dinner I went outside to clean up the kids toys in the yard and left the kids with dh. While I was picking up, I heard my 15 month old start screaming. I rushed inside to find my dh trying to soothe him. He was completely oblivious to the fact that my son had blood gushing from his mouth! I grabbed the baby from dh and rushed into the kitchen where my nearest first aid kit is kept. Well, long story short, he had 3 cuts in his mouth from his 3 bottom teeth, one of which took out a little chunk, and one of his teeth chipped. He also (obviously) has a very fat lip and a bruise under his bottom lip.

Apparently dh was playing with him (chasing him around saying "I'm gonna get ya") and ds fell forward and smacked his mouth on the TV Stand. I know dh didn't intentionally hurt him but I've got to tell you, it took all of my will power not to yell at dh. Not because I blamed him per Se, but bc my baby was hurt and I needed someone to blame.

What was your child's first big BooBoo? Was someone at fault? How did you react?
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MetalMamaTo3
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I was standing on the stairs holding my 18 month old daughter (she's five now) and talking to my downstairs neighbor. We said goodbye, and I put my daughter down to hold my hand up the rest of the stairs. We got to the top and the neighbor forgot to tell me something so she yelled my name. It scared my daughter, who jerk her hand from mine, whirled around, and somehow managed to slide face first down a few stairs. It scared the pee out of me, but lucky all she had was rub burn on her face. Other than that, neither of my kids have been seriously injured to the point of me remembering.

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM

My oldest (DS) has a scar on his face from his first major booboo.  My FIL bought my kids flip flops for the first time.  They thought they were the coolest thing in the world and were running around the house in them.  He tripped, smacked his face into the corner of the dining room table.  Ended up with something like 8 stitches.  Freaked me out, but he was ok and the only thing that was at fault was his shoes. :-p

My youngest, DD, decided that she wanted to jump on the trampoline.  Instead of telling this, she tried to jump off the dining room table. The tablecloth slipped out from under her feet and she went face first into the tile floor.  Nothing broken, but she had a concussion and lost her eyesight for a couple hours.  I was terrified, because DH called me with the message "We're going to the ER, she can't see" She was fine, no permanent damage. Still.....scary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:23 AM
With dd one I was chasing her and she fell into the edge of the wall no blood but she did have a goose egg for a while. With dd two she was running from her sister and fell into the entertainment center and gashed her head open. It required an er visit. No stitches just glued her "boo boo" shut. Sorry about your little one hope he heals quickly.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I will never forget it... 

Lilly had been home from China for about 10 months or so. I was pregnant with our youngest and supposed to be on bed rest, but we had gone to Church that night. Dh was at the Church with his brother and friends playing board games in one our friends' office ( a Pastor). I was getting my ps on and Lilly was on our bed. She was a little over 2 at the time and still unsteady on her feet since it took so long for her to walk. Before I could tell her not to walk on the bed, she tripped on the sheet and hit her head on our 100+ lb footboard. She had a gash on her forehead and blood was pouring down her face.. I grabbed her and the phone, called Dh and told him to get home immediately as I was not sure if we needed to go to the hospital for stitches and cried as hard as she did. * darn hormones* Luckily, we live a mile from the Church so Dh was home within minutes. We got her cleaned up and it was not as bad as we thought. She has a scar on her forehead and learned a lesson that night. <----don't walk on the furniture!!! She is almost 8 now and the scar is barely noticeable. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM

my dd was 3 , her and my nephew were supposed to be flying kites with their dads, my dh & bil.. Well the grown men , got so into the kites, the kids went off to play in grandpas horseshoe pits, my nephew threw a horseshoe at my daughter and hit her in the head, before they realized she was screaming and covered in blood.

Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I have 4 boys.... um... uh..... I can't remember..... 

I think DS #1, was a bump from falling off the couch.... 
DS #2, who knows, that boy never sits still
ds #3.... don't remember, but I do remember him falling out of the wagon, and scrapping his face.....

DS #4... he always had something.... his first memorable one he fell into a book case in our elementary school library at 18 months

Now, I can tell you the first boo boos that my DH and I actually had to have them seen for.......  

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM
You are making me dig too deep. I have gotten over everything that happened to them lol. They are 5 and 8. Nothing too big.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Ds1 and I fell down the stairs! He had a broken arm before his 2nd birthday.

Ds2 drove his little tricycle down the stairs at the park right at around 18 months.

Ds3 knocked out 2 teeth and busted his nose all up chasing our dog and running into the couch arm.

Dd hasn't had any big boo boos yet, she's only 14 months tho and just started walking. I'm sure it's coming.
kristen0812
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM
My daughter was around 2 1/2 and she was running in circles around the coffee table, I kept telling her to slow down and she thought it was the funniest thing. About 3 minutes in she ran right through my brother swinging the wii bat and he knocked her right out. Her nose was gushing blood and she had 2 black eyes and a fat lip. Thankfully she didn't need stitches or anything.
Hoppers33
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM
It was my fault. I make fun of dh for wanting to bubble wrap the kids. When the were toddlers, he'd follow them around the backyard making sure they didn't step on a rock or fall down. I finally told him to just stop and let them play for crying out loud. Of course, two minutes after I said that, dd tripped and went face first into a tree :/ She had blood gushing from a cut on her forehead. It was just a tiny cut, but damn, it was A LOT of blood.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN