Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anti Vaccine Moms What do you say to this?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 41 Replies
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RTT_RTT
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:44 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

eh...not worth the hassle...they just blame my vax kids for shedding the virus to their unvax kids...

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM
3 moms liked this
Id say not much considerning the info I looked up recently clearlyshowed measles was almost wiped out prior to the first vaccination.
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM
4 moms liked this
They don't care, because you know, it won't happen to their child.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM
6 moms liked this

Nothing.

I will continue to build strong immune systems in my children. They are healthy, eat healthy, were breastfed, practice good hygene, etc.

They are no more at risk than children who are vaccinated.

In fact, children who are vaccinated are at a greater risk considering vaccines hurt your immune system.

I will not inject formaldehyde, aluminum, thimerisol, polysorbate 80, chick embryo and cells from aborted fetal tissue into my children's tiny bodies and hope for the best. 

Especially when these diseases we vaccinate against were already on a steep and steady decline long before the vaccine was introduced (any idea why that is?).

And especially considering the government pays families hundreds of thousands of dollars every year because of vaccine injuries.

kmugs
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

This has been done on this forum in the last day.

In any event - I don't really care.  Thus far this year there have been 160 cases of measles - hardly an epidemic in a country of 300 million.  

So far no one has died (I need to verify that).  Maybe we will see a death or two and that will be sad :(  How many are harmed or killed by vaccines, though?

OTOH, we will see hundreds or thousands of children die due to abuse, accidents, prematurity, birth defects, cancer, etc.  Let's keep things in perspective.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Honestly its not so horrible. My child cannot have the shot for medical reasons so if he gets it we treat it- that simple. Its so easy to blame people when you dont know their stories.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Doesn't worry me in the slightest, considering I do not vaccinate. I would be alot more worried if I was indeed, a vaccinating mom pumping my baby full of shit than actually taking care of him more seriously.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I would tell vaccinating moms to be scared.

I have not heard of one incidence of unvaxed kids getting it except in the news. That is very telling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Live vaccines can shed.   I  do not think it happens that often, though - particularly with MMR.  I would worry more if I were immunocompromised.  

That being said, I,  a non-vaxxer, will play the "Live vaccine" card if someone is going on and on about how they vax to protect the world, and would never do anything to harm their community.  Well, live vaccines can harm. There are other ways vaccines harm - the current spike in shingles is largely caused by mass vaccination agianst chicken pox. 

So - in reality, I do not worry too much about live vaccines.  I will play the "live vaccine" card, though, when someone is being an ignorant,  self-righteous ass.  

Quoting Anonymous:

eh...not worth the hassle...they just blame my vax kids for shedding the virus to their unvax kids...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)