Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Teacher Told DS to Wait and He Messed His Pants!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

The worst part is, I feel it was HIS fault.  :'(

The school has a "behavior color code"

Everyone starts on Green every morning.  They can be good and move up to blue, then purple.  3 purples in a month and they get a pizza party at lunch.

If they are bad they move to Yellow, then Red.

While DS ends many days ON green, he usually goes down to yellow multiple times.  A few days he's been on Red.  I have a meeting with the teacher to try and solve this problem.  Yellow is mostly him talking out of turn or playing around instead of working.  The few reds were when he copped attitude with the teacher or refused to do classroom activities.  When DH and I see he's been on Yellow or Red a bunch, we punish him at home as well.  We talk about what he did wrong and why these are the consequences.  Nothing drastic, but if he goes down to Yellow he doesn't get his TV time, which is usually an hour after school while he eats a snack.  If he goes to Red he has to write an apology note, no TV, and go to bed early.

DS had used the bathroom 30 minutes prior.  He was messing around and she told him to stop and pay attention.  He immediately said "Well, I have to go potty."  Since him leaving the computer lab during a timed activity is a bit of a hassle and he'd JUST gone, she asked him to wait the 10 minutes until it was over.  She figured he just wanted an excuse to mess around more.

A few minutes later he insisted he had to go so she told him to go.  But when he got to the hall he couldn't remember where the bathroom was in relation to the computer lab, and before he could figure it out he pooped his pants.

I ended up taking him home for a shower, and he had some loose stool a few more times in only a couple of hours so I kept him home.  His teacher called and explained the situation, but I'd already gotten the story from DS, the teacher who found him in the hall, and the school nurse so I know she wasn't at fault.  I can't blame her for questioning him, because he's been so bad this year.

It's just frustrating.  I talked to DS about the "Boy who Cried Wolf" and explained how his CONSTANT misbehavior with the teacher is part of what led to the problem.

I just really WISH I could have my son's back on this one, but I can't.  He shit himself at school because he's always misbehaving and the teacher didn't know any better.  At least it was in the hall where a teacher helped him and not in front of all his friends.

I didn't punish him after the accident.  I just got him cleaned up, fed him some soup, and made him rest.  I told him I'm meeting with his teacher and that we'll all figure out ways to help him behave better at school.  For now he's more terrified of DH and I talking to his teacher than anything!  He had 2 years of Preschool and did FINE there, so I'm just not sure where the disconnect is with Kindergarten.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Your kindergartner was sick and you've given him a lecture on behavior?
Give me a minute to look for that "Mother of the Year" award.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this
He didn't sound sick to me. He pooped his pants, not a big deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Good job mamma! Not everyone would understand that your son is at fault.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Reading comprehension isn't your friend.

I did NOT punish him this time.  I took him home, fed him soup, and had him rest.  I've punished him the OTHER times his behavior was bad.

This time I told him we'll be talking to his teacher to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Multiple times after she got him home. The kid was sick- or do healthy people have repeated loose stools in a matter of hours?

mem82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Eh, I think people expect too much from Kinders. I've seen several people say 'They've done x amount of preschool so K shouldn't be a problem'. That's just not true. Kinder is much different than PreK plus around the age of 5 or 6 lots of kids kind of go through a growth spurt of the mind. They are maturing and maybe have a little trouble adjusting just like when they get clumsy when their legs grow quickly.

jteffs
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Doesn't sound like he was sick to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

yikesitsmindy
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM
That may have been from the stress of the accident.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Multiple times after she got him home. The kid was sick- or do healthy people have repeated loose stools in a matter of hours?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
It's clear you lack comprehension, but did you even READ the entire post? Or did you just skim?

Quoting Anonymous:

jteffs
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Sometimes I do. To me - "loose stool" could mean any number of things, and not all of them equal "sick".

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN