You left my 4 year old there?! Updated, Update 2. Edit 3 after meeting
My mom opened the door and saw my DD with her pants and underwear around her ankles, with diarrhea all over her. She told my mom that the lady had said to clean herself up. ( yes I am aware that schools can't clean the children). Here is my problem.....my DD was bawling, scared and trying to clean up the floor. Feces was on her hands, her back, her legs. It was a total mess.
I have requested a meeting to speak with the principal, all 3 teachers and the nurse. Still waiting for that meeting. I want to know for how long and why she was left alone in her condition. She could fell or rub her face and gotten very sick. Or god forbid she didn't wash her hands well and bacteria got into the classroom. Why couldn't they check on her?!
sorry it is so long ( and I left out a lot of details) My mom is ready to go to the superintendent is no answers are forth coming.
My mom takes her and picks her up because I work in another town and her class time is 12-2:30
EDIT: I have had my DD at the park all day and just saw all the responses.
1) yes she is completely potty trained but hasn't had diarrhea since she was an infant. She didn't know what was wrong.
2) it was running down her legs, her shirt had been tucked in ( not by me) and it got on her back when the teacher pulled her shirt out of the waist band ( know that for sure). It was on her hands because she was trying to clean up the floor. She had the accident before she was sent to the office. Teachers knew how bad it was.
3) She's not in special ed. My district offers 4K to all 4 year olds, either traditional all day Kindergarten or half day Montossori (spelled wrong). She is in half day.
4) I am fine with teachers not wiping her genitals, she knows how. They could have wiped her legs. My biggest aggravation came from her three female teachers yelling at her and them putting her by herself in a closed room. She could have fell and hit her head.
5) My mom took a washcloth to clean my DD. She had to rinse it multiple times in the sink.
If I missed anything just let me know. I'm in South Carolina. I do appreciate all the concern y'all for my DD. She is still in the school and fortunately still seems to like her school and class.
Update 2: After talking to the Superintendent this morning, a meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday morning at 8 am. I will update after the meeting.
UPDATE 3: I met with the 3rd teacher, W, the guidance counselor, the principal and the nurse. The teacher did admit that the teachers had had a rough day and were more stern than necessary with her. W told me that she asked my DD if she needed to potty and clean herself up. So that is where that came from. Also, the nurse had left is why my DD was in the office. They assured me and my mom that it wouldn't happen like this again.
I told them that once Serena gets to a "hicc-upy" stage of crying she will throw up. She isn't to be put alone in a room.
The teacher W, is going to reprimanded and if she receives another will be fired. The nurse is being reprimanded as well.
I was also shown a copy of the district policy that states that the school nurse has the authority to clean a child up with a witness if the parents are more than 20 minutes away.
She will be staying at this K4 because she does like it but (and I told the principal this) if she ever says anything like this happens or she tells me a teacher yelled at her again.....I will be in the superintendent's office again and she will be removed from the school. This is the only 4k we're zoned for and the private one is full. I checked.