Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is it rude to register for formula and diapers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 460 Replies
2 moms liked this
I feel like these are things you should be able to provide yourself but I would love them as gifts over an outfit or something else that is unnecessary. So rude or not?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brysonsmommy_10
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM
11 moms liked this

Honestly, the only time I would specifically request those things is if someone asked what they could get me.  Otherwise, I would just wait until after the shower, take the things back that I won't use or don't like and get diapers/formula instead.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM
4 moms liked this

A lot of people do a door prize entry for bringing a pack of diapers now, so that's one thing you could do. 

If you think you can use formula more than other stuff, bister for it- or tell close friends and family that you would really appreciate formula in lieu of a gift. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd say it's fine.  

shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM
46 moms liked this

Not rude, but I'll never personally buy formula, you got titties, use em.

My usual standard baby shower gift is a pack of diapers with an outfit or blanket, and a pacifier w/washcloths or shampoo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I always thought diapers were a given at a baby shower. I always buy an outfit because it's just fun for me, but always include diapers and other needs when gifting. I put diapers on my registry. Formula I wouldn't buy or ask for though.

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM
17 moms liked this
Diapers are fine. I would caution you against getting too much formula up front as your child may not react well to the certain type you bought.... We had to switch 4 times before finding one that worked for DS. And at $20+ a can you don't want to have too much stockpiled you cannot use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucille.bluth
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM
7 moms liked this

Not rude. No issue with registering for diapers. Registering for formula is not a great idea considering you don't know what they baby is going to be able to tolerate.

HelloSweetie
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't think its rude. Its super practical. I got 9million diapers for my last shower and lawdy did they come in handy.

kels1023
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I dont think its rude. I had someone at babies r us help me with my registry and one of the first things she suggested was diapers. I always bring a box to baby showers with me :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM
3 moms liked this

I dunno, this would be more rude in my opinion, letting someone shop for you then returning it.  I'd say ask for what you want, and if they don't want to get it then they'll buy you something else.

Quoting brysonsmommy_10:

Honestly, the only time I would specifically request those things is if someone asked what they could get me.  Otherwise, I would just wait until after the shower, take the things back that I won't use or don't like and get diapers/formula instead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)