Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders Set To Debut New Vera Wang-Designed Uniforms Sunday

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 16 Replies

Like or no? 

Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders Set To Debut New Vera Wang-Designed Uniforms Sunday

Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:15 pm
Written by: ThePostGame Staff

•  
  • ShareThis

Philadelphia fans will get their first live peek at their long-awaited, sleek, new-look team when the Eagles host the San Diego Chargers on Sunday.

We're talking about the Philadelphia cheerleaders' new uniforms, of course.

The Eagles cheerleaders will be debuting their Vera Wang-designed outfits Sunday, the second new design that the famous fashionista has provided for Philadelphia in the past decade. Here's a look at the uniforms:

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, when Wang drew up the cheerleaders' uniforms in 2003 it was the first time that a high-fashion designer had stepped in to assist an NFL team.

Wang, who is close friends with Eagles co-owners Jeff and Christina Weiss Lurie, has created outfits before for figure skaters Michelle Kwan and Nancy Kerrigan.

"These outfits are highly athletic," Wang said. "It was a challenge to make sure the pieces were sexy and they wouldn't fall apart."

Christina Weiss Lurie worked closely with Wang to design the uniforms, which include a custom made black sparkle sneaker.

"Vera beautifully achieved our vision for the signature pieces with a fashion forward and sporty look that represents our style," Lurie said. "We feel the uniforms are ideal for the cutting-edge image of the cheerleaders - chic while displaying athleticism."

Wang had to take climate into account when designing the outfits, and as the temperatures in Philadelphia drop the outfits will become more modest. Shorts will be replaced by skirts and the cheerleaders will even don cut-off sweaters over their sports bras.

Show Me The Loyalty: Inspiration For 'Jerry Maguire' Has Special College Football Connection

ThePostGame brings you the most interesting sports stories on the web.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to read them first!

- See more at: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/style-points/201309/philadelphia-eagles-cheerleaders-vera-wang-designed-uniforms#sthash.jjb5yzUc.dpuf

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM

They're cheer for the  Eagles. What's to like? Nothing. ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Yay! They can look skankier than ever!
April620
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM
They're ok but the bra with long sleeve cut off top looks weird
big.city.mama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Sexy I like the one with the leggings best though
marrionsmommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM
So when its cold they will don an inch more material lol....I wouldnt call hose skirts they look like napkins lmao..those girls will freeze when its cold
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Would like better in blue and white or black and gold ;)
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I love them! 

Photo: -Randi.

Sweetie1216
by ♥Dominique♥ on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I think I've seen worst..

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Fugly....
2and2onway
by Kimmie on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM

They are very ugly!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured