Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDIT If I invite your child to a party I expect you to stay

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 912 Replies
6 moms liked this
My dd's birthday party is next Saturday and I am so excited. I invited 13 kids and 11 of them are coming. We are having her party at a place similar to pump it up. Because there will be so many kids I expect the parents to stay and watch their kids. One of the parents asked if they had to stay. I told her yes because dh and I will be busy doing other things and I cannot sit and watch her kids. The place Is very fast paced and kids will be all over the place. If a parent did try to leave I would tell them they either stay or take their child with them. Plus I will not be held responsible if there child got hurt.

We went to a birthday party over the summer at a pool. All the parents dropped off their kids and left. The ages of the kids were between 9 and 2. Dh and I were the only parents there including the birthday girls parents.

The ages of the kids at my party will be between 10 through 2

Edit: my dd will be 3 years old. Invited people who have kids between thoughs ages. My dd doesn't go to daycare and I'm a sahm. That's why the age range is large. A couple of the familys I don't know because they work at dh job. The other child is my neice who is 7 but she lives far from here. I invited my neighbor who has 2 kids ages 2 and 7. She didn't want to stay but I know her 7 year old won't watch the 2 year old.

Yes I will be busy doing other stuff and watching my child. The party is not at my house and the people who work at the place have to monitor ALL children there not just the party kids. So yes I expect parents to stay and watch their kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM
47 moms liked this

LOL really? I never expect parents to stay, and I cannot most of the time, I have 5 other kids, should I bring 5 extras? Dh does weekend missions too. So I am alone sometimes.

milfanyway
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM
36 moms liked this
I agree with staying if your kids are young. Around nine or ten though, I say drop em off. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrissyAnne
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM
110 moms liked this
If you expect them to stay then you should have included that on the invitation.
Ilovepink1227
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
5 moms liked this
I AGREE, and that's crazy about the pool pary
Toxic.Stardust
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
45 moms liked this

Maybe you should have put that on the invitation instead of just hoping they would magically know to stay. For most people, after their kid hits 6 or so, they let kids go to birthday parties by themselves

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
11 moms liked this

So if the parents don't have the time or ability to stay and help you with your party, their kids don't get to go? Okay....

sampson200
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
58 moms liked this

Honestly?

They're taking time out to get their kid to my house, give him a present, etc.

How dare I have expectations on how they should spend their day because of my life.

Silly, OP.

If these people aren't your friends, why would they want to stay for 3 hours and make small-talk with you? How forced.

Would it be nice to have them all stay and babysit their kids at your home for you? Sure, but if it doesn't work out that way: Don't have large parties with children if you are not willing to watch them.

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Must of the pastries my dd has attended have specified drop off
km1970
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:59 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't expect them to stay. How old is your daughter? Why is there such a huge age range for a birthday party?

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM
7 moms liked this

Quoting PrissyAnne:

If you expect them to stay then you should have included that on the invitation.

I agree.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)