Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you aren't going to take care of your pets DON'T get any!!!

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 79 Replies
3 moms liked this

Someone dropped their dog off on the side of the road by my house.... They took her collar off and just let her out then drove away. She's really old and walks with a limp. I feel so bad for the poor girl. I'm really glad she came to my house and not down the street to the neighbors. They shoot stray dogs.

I just can't believe someone would do that. She's such a good dog. Very laid back and sweet. 

The only thing that makes me more angry than people being mean to their pets is people being mean to their kids. If you can't be good to them then don't have any. And that's pretty easy when it comes to pets. I really hate the majority of the human population, sometimes.

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tardistraveller
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I have never understood why people do things like that smdh.

rosewind13
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Because they are selfish and don't care. 

Quoting tardistraveller:

AromaDrops33
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM
It breaks my heart how many people get animals then either abuse them or let them loose.
tardistraveller
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Then why get an animal to begin with? They are a pain in the ass, messy, hard work and expensive.  If you aren't going to love them and have them as a companion, why bother?

Quoting rosewind13:

Quoting tardistraveller:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM
That makes me so mad. I have friends who get dogs keep them for a while and decide they are to busy the dog got to big. It is so hard to keep my mouth shut around them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I could never do that. At the least why didn't they just take the dog to a shelter or a dog rescue? How sad.
What did you do with the dog?
rosewind13
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM

They probably got her when she was a puppy and really cute. Then, when she wasn't cute and tiny anymore, they let her loose. I have seen it happen so many times it's sad. I don't know, though, she seems old. Maybe their was another reason. Either way, there isn't an excuse. It's just so wrong :(

Quoting tardistraveller:

Then why get an animal to begin with? They are a pain in the ass, messy, hard work and expensive.  If you aren't going to love them and have them as a companion, why bother?

Quoting rosewind13:

Quoting tardistraveller:

rosewind13
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:51 PM
5 moms liked this

We're keeping her. There aren't a lot of no-kill shelters around here and she wouldn't have a chance at being adopted before being put down. She seems to get along well with the other animals and all so, we figured she could stay. She's a sweet heart and deserves a good home.

Quoting Anonymous:

I could never do that. At the least why didn't they just take the dog to a shelter or a dog rescue? How sad.
What did you do with the dog?

rosewind13
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM

It pisses me off so fast. I avoid people like that because I can't keep my mouth shut.

Quoting Anonymous:

That makes me so mad. I have friends who get dogs keep them for a while and decide they are to busy the dog got to big. It is so hard to keep my mouth shut around them.

KRC
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Someone dropped a Japanese chin?(that's what the vet says he is)  Off in the lot behind my grandparents house about 7 yrs ago.  He had no hair,was skin and bones, covered with ticks and fleas.  It took them about 2 weeks to get him to come to them.  When he finally did they gave him to my dd.  We took him to the vet got him healthy.   Been the best dog we've ever had.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)