Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let's talk hygiene...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

I only wash my hair once a week, sometimes less.  My hair doesn't get visibly oily until around day 7 or 8.  At that point, I brush it with a boar brush to distribute the oil, wash it, and let it air dry.  I bleach my hair to platinum, so I try to take really good care of it and only use heat to style it on (very rare)special occasions.  I apply a hair mask twice a month.  

I shower regularly, but I only use soap on my privates and underarms.  I use coconut oil on a warm, wet washcloth to wash/gently exfoliate my face and the rest of my body.  I have really dry skin, and since starting this I've noticed a huge difference.  Coconut oil is amazing.  

How about you?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM
8 moms liked this

I wash my body and hair at least every other day with harsh commercial products....

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Like you, only I use coconut oil for lotion, and use a honey/sugar scrub for exfoliating...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:33 PM
2 moms liked this
That's wayyyyyy past "need to know"
MayBeeIAm
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Lmao!

Quoting thenameshailie:

I wash my body and hair at least every other day with harsh commercial products....

lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Wow. I wish I could go that long without my hair looking greasy.
I shower everyday using dove soap to wash my body and I wash my face with acne scrub.
I wash my hair every other day with Nexus hydro-light shampoo and use the leave in foam conditioner just on the ends.
I rarely style my hair with heat or blow it dry. It is my natural color right now which is a dark blond/very light brown.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I love making sugar scrubs!  I want to try lemon and honey next. 

Quoting LucyMom08:

Like you, only I use coconut oil for lotion, and use a honey/sugar scrub for exfoliating...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Same here

Quoting LucyMom08:

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I wash everything everyday, sometimes twice a day.
TnGsMomma
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I wash my full body, face and hair everyday.  My hair is very oily if i don't wash it everyday.  I tried changing to coconut oil to wash my face but broke out horribly... maybe I did it wrong?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I do the same. I wash my hair once a week or else it ends up dry and gross. I only use honey to wash it because it makes my hair really silky and I prefer it over the dry feeling most shampoo gives it. I don't use soap on my body AT ALL. Gross I know...I prefer baking soda water because it's gentler and I hate that the perfumed stuff gives you odor after a day or so...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)