Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

we are doing as much as we can to budget....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

but I end up in the negatives in my bank account every month.

I dont know what else to cut back on....

we bus or walk everywhere. we share a monthly bus pass and have a (10)ticket pass for emergencies (the tickets are sold in groups of ten)

we cut cable and have average speed internet( I need internet for my wah job) anything lower we would need dial up and a home phone (which we dont have a homephone just a cell)... I am on contract about $85 (unlimited everything. if I changed it I would be paying more for airtime) but I can not make it prepaid/change phones/ companies without dishing out $600-$700 as of right now to pay out my contract. 

we spend $300 a month on groceries (family of 3 soon to be 4) and house old products (including toiletries and diapers... we are in the process to cloth diaper working on building a stash.) this is after coupons and discounts. (no fs... as I am in Canada)

I dont work out of the home because childcare is out ragous even with asst and ussb. 

we get handme down toys and clothes for the most part. or shop at consignment shops. (trade in old kid clothes for cash or credit)

we lucked out and found a place to rent for $400 including utilities, its not a slum and in a decent area with low crime and lots of kids or sons age. its very well taken care of. it is a low income area. but it also has a lot of foreigners 

SO has a big savings account so not to worry. its just on my end. (fyi I have a savings for emergencies as well)

we have no debt. no credit cards....

any other ideas. 

if you concider ctb PA then I guess thats it...

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:45 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM

bump

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Sounds like you're as budgeted as you can. Next step is higher paying jobs IMO.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:51 PM

ive went to college before kids. I just paid of my loan. Im not doing that shit again....

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

Sounds like you're as budgeted as you can. Next step is higher paying jobs IMO.

leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Go apply for PA.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM
If you have savings why are you letting your accounts get overdrawn? Also what bills are you paying as opposed to what's coming in, does your SO contribute more or less than you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM

we only really have cash asst type of PA here... and I really dont want to get SA (social asst/cash asst) :(

Quoting leksismommy:

Go apply for PA.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:57 PM

What's your income and what's going out every month? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:57 PM

the one that is making it over drawn is the cell. everything gets paid every month. but im in the whole for like a week....  savings is for emergencies... like medical things that are not covered under canadas health care

Quoting LAXmom21:

If you have savings why are you letting your accounts get overdrawn? Also what bills are you paying as opposed to what's coming in, does your SO contribute more or less than you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Well if you've cut out all of your unneccisary expenses and you're still coming up negative then the next step is to increase your income somehow. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN