Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

washing mouth out with soap?

Posted by   + Show Post
So we went to visit with a neighbor, the little boy that is friends with my nephews friend was cussing at his grandma in Spanish so she washed his mouth out with soap twice. Is this abuse?
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Replies (51-57):
tardistraveller
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM

It was a creative one!

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

He must have picked that one up at school .

Quoting tardistraveller:

I've done it, Z called me a "cuntfucker" and I put a bar of ivory soap on his mouth and made him sit in the corner with it for 2 mins.

Our CAS worker know I've done it, she was more concerned with the kid using words like cuntfucker than me disciplining him for it.

(we have a worker because of ds's dad)

Quoting Retrokitty:

In Canada it's considered abuse under the law.

Quoting tardistraveller:

no lmao

thorntonwife
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:23 PM
My grandma used this on my mom and irish spring ob me, it's so not abuse. Jeez lol everything is abuse now days.

Quoting squeekers:

*applauses Gramma* My mother used to use Lava soap. Pumice powered soap on a youngsters tongue gets the point made.

Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I was told   some years ago  that  if you  restrain the  child when doing it  then  it could be considered abuse.   I  just  put  some  Ivory liquid soap  on a  damp  washcloth  said 'Stick out your tongue',  and  gave it a swipe.  I only  had to do this one time to  only one child in front of the others.  That was all it took.    Some things  they  learned well by example.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Good parenting is what it's called
jlbelknap35
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I say no and good for her. He needs to respect his elders. I would of got more then that (even at my age) if my dad, mom, or grandparents heard me talk to anyone like that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM
My son tried to eat soap at that age lol. But I have never tried it. My grandma did that to us if we were sassy as she would say to take the sass out of us and I guess it worked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)