Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you who feel that ....................

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
2 moms liked this

age 40 is too old to have a baby, what else do you think is "too old" at age 40 because they can't keep up? Imean is a heart surgeon too old to be working at age 40? After all his/her responsibilities are ALOT more complicated than taking a kid to the playground, changing diapers and breastfeeding.  What about PE teachers? Should they not work after 40? After all they might not be able to keep up with all of the kids.

There are others too, I mean is 40 too old to be a nurse? After all you have people's LIVES in yoru hands. Or a school principal? Or president of the US? Or a bank president? All of those have responsibilities which are significantly more stressful and much much more demanding that being a mom, so do you think they should quit at age 40?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catrig
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I think people should have kids at whatever age they wish. That doesn't mean that the risks don't increase with age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:37 PM
6 moms liked this
Um its statistically proven that the risk factors are worse for mama and baby after age 40. Parenting at age 40 isn't an issue.
LadyVoldemort
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Um its statistically proven that the risk factors are worse for mama and baby after age 40. Parenting at age 40 isn't an issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I think the reason most people feel that way is because there is more risk to the baby.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep.
My DH is 41 and we have a baby. And are planning more.
But after 35, I am done. For my health and the baby's!

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM
3 moms liked this

im 42 and I feel my age is too damn old to be pooping out kids

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM

it has nothing to do with being able to keep up. i personally think a woman should have a baby whenver the hell she wants, but some people say its too old because of the increased risks to baby and mother.

kristen0812
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I don't think it's so much the parenting as much as the risks involved. With that said, I, personally, would never want a baby at that age. That's just me though.
3.ang3ls
I'm over 40 and I feel too old.to work and take care of these darn kids. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deenakate
For me 40 is too old to have a baby.

Everyone has their own limits.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN