Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DD Is Being Punished :( UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 218 Replies
2 moms liked this

Ok I understand that kids need to be punished, I get it.  So I'm sure I don't have a reason to be irritated but my DD's bday party is tomorrow, she invited her closest friends.  So there was a total of 9 girls coming.

Well we are down 3 and they are her closest friends too.  She is going to be so sad, they are not coming bc they are now grounded.

I get it, I do.  But in a way I feel like my child has been punished now as well.  She was so looking forward to this.  My friend was coming in to do pedicures & manicures & put make up on the girls & do their hair.  My little girl couldn't wait & now she is upset bc 3 of her closest friends won't be there.

I told her it wasn't her fault & they really wanted to be here but they got into trouble & I told her that her other friends will be there & she's happy & excited but still sad.  This is the longest place we've lived & she's actually been able to grow up w/these 3 girls for the last 3yrs, I swear they are all like sisters.

I wish they could come & go straight back home for their punishment!

UPDATE:  My DD had a BLAST at her party.  Which I expect, never doubted she wouldn't have a good time :)

My one friend called & 2 of the girls that were grounded were able to come to the party.  Basically they had earned the right to come, my child was so happy:)

However, we were still down one girl :(  While yes my DD had a good time when all was said & done she said "mom I wish (insert name) could have been here, we all had a good time & I won't be here for my birthday next year."   My DD is a kind soul, she loves all her friends & just wanted them all to be together.

I don't feel bad for wishing her friend could have come.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Bump
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Would you ever suggest that your child be allowed to go to a party and then go back home for her punishment?
Didnt think so
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I'm sure she will still have a great time.
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM
22 moms liked this

I'll be frank, and expect some backlash:

I wouldn't keep my child from a friend's birthday for bad behaviour. Been in that position, and I refuse to punish the innocent birthday child for MY child's transgressions - especially if it's a best or very good friend.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you read? I said wish and that I get it.

However, yes my DD has been grounded and sent to the party and straight back home. I wasn't ok taking it out on the other child.

No where did I say all should do this I sais I wish and that I get it. I'm sorry didn't realize I couldn't be sad for my child.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Would you ever suggest that your child be allowed to go to a party and then go back home for her punishment?

Didnt think so

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Thank you that is how I feel.

Especially since we are military and will probably not be together next year.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I wouldn't keep my child from a friend's birthday for bad behaviour. Been in that position, and I refuse to punish the innocent birthday child for MY child's transgressions - especially if it's a best or very good friend.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM
2 moms liked this
And I think punishing your child then rewarding them by going to a party sends a message that you are not standing behind your punishment
4Poodle
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I wouldn't either. I also don't think negative reactions are always the best choices in punishment, but it's usually the go to answer.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:33 PM
10 moms liked this

One could say that, by going to the party regardless, you are also teaching your children that they stand by their commitments. Going to a birthday party is a commitment made to celebrate the birth of another person - it isn't FOR YOUR CHILD. Sure, it's a pleasant experience, but it's a commitment, nevertheless.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

And I think punishing your child then rewarding them by going to a party sends a message that you are not standing behind your punishment

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

staceysgorbach
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Eh....my boys would not go to a party if they had done something that warranted a punishment. I have kept my youngest from a party for that very reason. I will not wait til later to do my job as a parent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)