Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you smoke around your kids...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

I have always wanted to know--do you really not think its a big deal? I often see moms and dads smoking while pushing a stroller or right there with their kids, or dragging their little kids to smoking areas. I have always wanted to know what in the world they are thinking. I am not judging or intending to bash--I am just wanting to hear the thought process of parents who are fine with this.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I've smoked around my son when we were outside. Didn't think it was a big deal until I saw him puffing on some stick, imitating me. Changed my mind at the speed of sound.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:47 PM
When I smoked I never smoked inside anywhere with them. DH would push the stroller while I trailed behind and smoked.
SinaiJ
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM

When I smoked I never smoked inside. If the kids were around it was outside and the smoke wasn't by them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM

lmao in a sad way @ the smokers who think their kids don't know/are not affected by their dirty addiction

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM

But even if the smoke wasn't by then, we're they right there with you? I used to smoke, a lot actually, and always avoided doing so around my kiddos. I can personally smell cigarette smoke a decent distance away. 

Quoting SinaiJ:

When I smoked I never smoked inside. If the kids were around it was outside and the smoke wasn't by them.

art.diva
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Good question.  I want to know if they think second hand smoke is no big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM
We hear too much of this. Who cares honestly. You cant change what people do and asking why doesnt change things. So annoying i swear
SinaiJ
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM

They were older so they were running about in a yard or playground. I only smoked for about four years.

Quoting Anonymous:

But even if the smoke wasn't by then, we're they right there with you? I used to smoke, a lot actually, and always avoided doing so around my kiddos. I can personally smell cigarette smoke a decent distance away. 

Quoting SinaiJ:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I guess there is something wrong with trying to understand people who think differently than you. Nothing in my op said I wanted to change anyone. Sorry I annoyed you but you did open the post... And read it...

Quoting Anonymous:

We hear too much of this. Who cares honestly. You cant change what people do and asking why doesnt change things. So annoying i swear

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I was around a lot of smoke when I was a kid, and it didn't affect me much. I don't smoke, either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)