Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you play with your kids at the park?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
My 3 1/2 year old son ask me to play in his imaginary games and I play with him. I never see any other moms playing with their kids though and the other kids also flock to me to play, but not necessarily my son. And one time a little boy was overbearing in wanting my attention he began to push my son. When I look to see the other mom's, they are usually just sitting and/or on their cell phones. I want my son to play with other kids, but he always asks me to play with him and I feel like I am denying him this simple request. He does sometimes play with other kids at the park, but usually if we already know them. Should I be encouraging him to play with others or is this behavior normal?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakenzi
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:26 AM
I did play some. But I mainly encouraged her to play with the other children. I also encourage her to play by herself at home.
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I'd encourage him to play with other children. 

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I do.  We go to the park almost everyday.  I am the mom climbing and running and going down the slide.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:28 AM
At home it's the same. He wants to play with me. I have a 14 month old too but they still don't really play together, although it seems like they are starting to.

Quoting Anonymous:

My 3 1/2 year old son ask me to play in his imaginary games and I play with him. I never see any other moms playing with their kids though and the other kids also flock to me to play, but not necessarily my son. And one time a little boy was overbearing in wanting my attention he began to push my son. When I look to see the other mom's, they are usually just sitting and/or on their cell phones. I want my son to play with other kids, but he always asks me to play with him and I feel like I am denying him this simple request. He does sometimes play with other kids at the park, but usually if we already know them. Should I be encouraging him to play with others or is this behavior normal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:29 AM
That's awesome!

Quoting AnnieGoolaheey:

I do.  We go to the park almost everyday.  I am the mom climbing and running and going down the slide.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:31 AM

No, my kid has no interest playing with me at the park because he's around me all the time. He's more interested in the equiptment and other kids. I hate how people act uppity over this. Really, you judge moms for whether they are sitting or playing? Ugh...

katyq
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I think we all play with our kids but they need to learn to socialize with children of all ahes as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:33 AM

I'm the sand-digging , frog catching mom..

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Half of the time I play with him and the other half of the time I have him go play with the other kids. I also will play around the park, but I wont get on the playground equipment, its not made for adults.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Thanks LOL We have one about a block away.  I take the slide down because it's easier than  climbing back down that big play thing.    :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

That's awesome!

Quoting AnnieGoolaheey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)