Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cloth nappies. Why or why not?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:41 AM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

I used both. I think they each have credit.  If we went out It was disposable but at home my babies, esp number 4 hung out in cloth, or even bare bummed sometimes. IT IS NOT THAT HARD.

A few tips. Use liners made out of polar fleece. Cut them to fit and put them in nappy. They will wick the moisture away from baby's bum. The poop, especially baby poop rinses right off, or you can shake into the toilet. They don't stain and they dry quickly.

Good overpants are awesome. You don't even need pins. Most velcro up or are domed.  

I just don't know why people come in here all panicked because they are running out of nappys.  If you have 12cloth nappys and a few over pants you can tide over to next pay.

If you don't want to cloth full time, you can at least have the basics for when you run out of cloth.

Do you used cloth or disposable? Why or why not?

by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeacefulLotus
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:47 AM
I cloth. You do realize you don't generally need overpants any more? Pocket diapers are amazing.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Zan1111
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:52 AM
My first baby so I dont know much. We automatically went with disposables.. I tried researching cloth when baby was 1 month but got overwhelmed cause so many kinds and info out there. Plus dh didnt think it's a good thing to do...well now baby is 3 month and we r trying to save money..well I am.. Dh is so horrible with money..

So im watching some YouTube video on cloth diapering..and its actually making more sense now since the lady that explained.it qas really good..

And ill definitely try what you suggested. Thanks.
Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:53 AM

I tried cloth. My daughter is a heavy wetter and was leaking through all the diapers that I tried within half an hour. She is also too chunky for one-size diapers so I had to have diapers custom-made for her. Now that she isn't wetting so heavily I will probably try cloth again.

Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Oh and I already have a cloth stash for DD2 due in November.

907PickleMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:55 AM
I cloth. Love it! I didn't cloth ds 6 because I didn't know about modern cloth diapers!
BlessedMammaof2
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:03 AM
I cloth diaper both of my boys for many reasons. Unless we're on vacation they're not ever in disposables. My oldest is only in them at night and for naps but my youngest is just 3 months old. I started two years ago and I still can't stop buying diapers I don't necessarily need.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:05 AM

I'm pregnant with my first and will be using cloth. I'm all for saving money, helping the environment, and never having to worry about running out of diapers and having to rush to the store. Oh and SO will never have to throw a stupid "diaper party".... Seriously hate when people throw those..... His friend is doing one next weekend, so I suggested to SO that he should take a pack of cloth wipes and a few cloth diapers. SO is really thinking about it lol. --- His friend is throwing the party because he and his gf cannot afford to buy diapers and wipes --- freaking sad, if you can't afford to diaper your child, you shouldn't be having children....

TrouserMouse
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Both
georgiana5
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Thats awesome. Going to look them up now!

Quoting PeacefulLotus:

I cloth. You do realize you don't generally need overpants any more? Pocket diapers are amazing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN