Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 2 year old set the kitchen on fire this morning

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 410 Replies
3 moms liked this
I left a stack of papers on the stove. I went outside to talk on the phone. Came back in and thought my glasses were fogging up, then realized it was smoke.
I can't believe I let that happen.
Thank god i came in when I did and it didn't spread past the stack of papers.
Getting covers for the stove knobs today. Holy shit I am rattled.

Share similar stories so I don't feel like such a terrible mom

*edit*
Woo my first featured post !!
Anyway.
I am tired of explaining so I'm just going to add it to the op.
I was organizing my file folders (old bills, contracts etc) on the counter. I was placing things to my left on the stove that I was going to shred. I don't have much counter space, and there was a rack of dishes to my right.
My two kids were in the living room with the tv on loud and playing/wrestling. My phone rang and it was an important business call I had been waiting for. So I took it outside on the porch off the living room
I did peek through the window twice an both times my son was in the kitchen. When I came back in a chair was pushed over to the stove and the papers were on fire. He must have done it right when I went outside and then returned to playing.
Hope that clears things up. I'm not a hoarder and I don't leave my kids alone all the time.

Thanks for sharing your stories to the non bashers
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Omg. Yikes. My dd sprayed a water bottle all over my house one morning before I woke up. She souk and sprayed it on everything. Couch, walls, TV, and ceiling
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
When dd was about 3 1/2 she put nail polish in the microwave and caught it on fire. It was almost 4am and we didn't even know she was up. I held the back door open while dh grabbed it and threw it out the door. No real damage to the kitchen just smoke damage. We then invested in a microwave with a lock on it. LoL still using it to :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katkinson
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM
7 moms liked this

My cat killed a mole outside a few years back when DS was 2.  I told myDD to stay away, and I went right into the kitchen to get a wal-mart sack to pick it up.  My DS was on the back porch.  In those few seconds, he made it over to the driveway and was HOLDING THE DEAD MOLE. I  freaked out.  His eyes got huge and he immediately dropped it.  I think I used about a bottle of antibacterial soap and hand sanitizer. 

DISGUSTING.  So yea. .. don't feel bad.  My kid was playing with a disease-infested dead rodent. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM
20 moms liked this

I'm here for the show.

imakehimscream
by He screams on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:06 AM
My dd put a lighter in the microwave and turned the damn thing on. The microwave still works and I keep lighters up higher now
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM
9 moms liked this

my mil is always criticizing me. I feel better now. no parent is perfect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM
27 moms liked this

i had a candle buring on my counters once...my stupid ass cat stood OVER it and burned her hair...im sitting on my couch thinking "what the hell is that smell?" then i see Eba....over the flames...

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this
When my boys were little (3&4 I believe) they got up before me & very quietly covered the whole kitchen in sugar & flour. All kids get in to something while they are growing up. Glad you caught it in time.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

wow! 

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM
My sister burnt a good majority of our kitchen when we were younger. She put foil in the microwave. We had to redo the whole kitchen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)