Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe how many mothers think they are doing it right when they are doing it wrong

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 394 Replies
20 moms liked this

I know quite a few women who think they are great mothers when they are not. A lot of them are on Facebook (acquaintances not friends) and I see them post a lot about things their kids do that show that they are not a great mother. 

If you are afraid to take your kids to the grocery store, movies, mall, bowling, restaurants or anywhere else because you are afraid of how they will behave then you are doing it wrong. They are your children, you take them these places and you tell them to behave or they will get ______ consequence, make it something you know will devastate them. Then if they do not behave you follow through. After doing that a couple times they will understand.

If your children are destroying your home, car and things then you are doing it wrong. The first time your child touches something or destroys something that is not theirs you give them a consequence. Make it something you know will devastate them. After doing it a couple times they will understand that they are not to destroy things. 

I could go on and on and on. I won't because I can hear my wonderful, well behaved (compared to most other children) kids waking up and I would like to make them a healthy, filling breakfast before we start our busy day of going out and about having fun because my children can behave in any situation I put them in. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kage336
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:11 AM
67 moms liked this
Yay. Want a trophy?
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM
24 moms liked this

Yes, we should teach our children that behavior has consequences. Your children are lucky to have a perfect mother.

slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM
39 moms liked this
Well bless your little heart, darlin'.
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM
17 moms liked this

want a cookie???

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM
196 moms liked this
If you have to devastate a child, to effectively discipline them, you're doing it wrong.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM
65 moms liked this

Be careful when going to get your children, your head may not fit through the door....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:16 AM
13 moms liked this
Someone had their bitch flakes this morning. I bet your wonderful kids are most if our ideas of nightmares. If they are anything like you, that is...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:16 AM
22 moms liked this

i agree...too many parents lets the kids call the shots now...kids are telling parents what to do, how to do it, and when to do it, and god forbid if mommy says no, all hell will break loose

momof2gingers
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM
19 moms liked this
Genius!!!! This is world changing thinking right here. Hold on! Let me call the newspaper!! You're going to get the Nobel Peace Prize for sure with this revolutionary new idea!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by J3 on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh wow....that is all I got.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured