Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe how many mothers think they are doing it right when they are doing it wrong

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I know quite a few women who think they are great mothers when they are not. A lot of them are on Facebook (acquaintances not friends) and I see them post a lot about things their kids do that show that they are not a great mother. 

If you are afraid to take your kids to the grocery store, movies, mall, bowling, restaurants or anywhere else because you are afraid of how they will behave then you are doing it wrong. They are your children, you take them these places and you tell them to behave or they will get ______ consequence, make it something you know will devastate them. Then if they do not behave you follow through. After doing that a couple times they will understand.

If your children are destroying your home, car and things then you are doing it wrong. The first time your child touches something or destroys something that is not theirs you give them a consequence. Make it something you know will devastate them. After doing it a couple times they will understand that they are not to destroy things. 

I could go on and on and on. I won't because I can hear my wonderful, well behaved (compared to most other children) kids waking up and I would like to make them a healthy, filling breakfast before we start our busy day of going out and about having fun because my children can behave in any situation I put them in. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Replies (141-150):
abecee
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Are you currently teaching others your "Perfect Parenting Methods"?  Have you gotten enough women to sign up for them far into the year 2015?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Devastation, the key to magical parenting, gmafb

Shabbydoll78
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, you are correct.

But you seem awfully arrogant about it.  Let me tell you a real-life truth (I'm in my mid 50's now).  Pride comes before a fall.

One of my perfectly well-behaved kids made life hell for 2 years in mid-teen years.  It happens.  It happened to one of my best friends too, but not others.  You just never know which kids are weak in resisting peer pressure and picking bad friends which leads to ...bad things (because there is an inherent weakness in your child that you did not see- not blaming the bad friends).  You think you have a strong one, and that one turns out to be weaker than your others.  Surprise!

So don't be surprised if your perfect angels do it too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I have been around mothers like you, how do they behave when your not around? Maybe good maybe not, I know a little girl who is so well behaved at home but bullies others at school....be careful with the brags dearie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM
What do you want? Attention? Looks like you got it. Carry on.
little.worthen
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I have a similar experience wth some people I know on facebook. Only the mother I know actually do things that constitute bad parenting and they think they're the best moms ever.
Like one mom posting a video of her 2 year old saying "you mother f***er!" To random people from out of the car window.
Or another who posted several pics of her 4 year old trying to sneak beer at a party she was at.... With her kids, one of the pics has someone passing a joint in the background..
Then the next thing they post is, "I love my kids, they make me a better person and mom, idk what I'd be without them."
It's sweet but in perspective, makes me sick.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM

My son tried that shit once with me ("Hayden can talk to his parents that way" was met with "If Hayden's parents let him make the rules, more power to them. As your parent, I'm not allowing it."). Guess what? Never happened again. It seems some people are too afraid to step up and be a parent. Instead they want to be friends.

Quoting Anonymous:

i agree...too many parents lets the kids call the shots now...kids are telling parents what to do, how to do it, and when to do it, and god forbid if mommy says no, all hell will break loose

ProudMommaBear
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I agree with the message but jeez Louise just be happy your kids are well behaved and stop being so concerned with others. That's their problem.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Yep.

I take my kids everywhere, and I don't need to hit or humiliate them in order to have them behave appropriately.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

If you have to devastate a child, to effectively discipline them, you're doing it wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)