Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom left when I was 12.

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 63 Replies

You?

by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Bump

laurenanne0110
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I was 2 when she left
Shani527
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I was 6m when she moved out and lived with the giy she was cheating on my dad with.
Christenrenee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I lived with my grandma off and on.  At age 10 it became permanent.  Although I did live with my mom for a school year when I was 12.  For the most part I was at my grandma's. 

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Do you know her?

Quoting Shani527:

I was 6m when she moved out and lived with the giy she was cheating on my dad with.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:56 AM

That's so sad. I'm sorry :(

My Mom and Dad have always been a constant, positive, supportive presence in my life. 

But my husband's Dad took off during his early teens. Very sad.

Jabojoe
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Ditto. I was 12 and sister was 15. I have somewhat forgiven her and have a relationship with her now but it is strained. It has affected me in other ways such as with my children as well.
2Sparrows4ever
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM
No, I'm sorry
xsmum
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Mine left after the dirvoce so 6. Then my father who took care of me past when i was 13 so I was forced to go with my mother. We didn't get along of course I was in and out of group homes. Now I have son we have ok relationship. My out look is life is to short and I already lost one parent. But I can never forgive her because she won't tell me why she took my sister and not me
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I lived with my bio mother for all but three years (foster care when I was a toddler, due to her abuse and neglect) of my childhood. She was (is) an untreated schizophrenic/psychotic and abused me in all ways except sexually and neglected me. She broke both my arms and cut my chin open so bad I needed nine stitches. I was between one and two during both incidents and removed from the home soon after. The social worker who gave me back to her was an idiot, as it continued until I was 18 and moved out. Bio mother just learned how to hide the abuse better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)