Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is a toddler?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Haha, I was trying to reply to the post about the womans ex and his SO coming to the party dressed up on their way to a concert and it poofed.  She thought a 4 year old was a toddler.  I am pretty sure even if your kid is NOT in school they are no longer a toddler after 2.  I guess she thought a kid was a toddler until they were physically in school.  That means I was a toddler until I was 6 since I didn't go to pre-k and my birthday fell too late for me to go to kinder when I was 5.  

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teal_phoenix
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM

That is pre k yep...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Between 1 and 3 I'd say.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I would range a toddler from the ages of 1-3, after that its just a kid.

Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM
*I* think toddler until 3, then you become a preschooler.
Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Toddler is from one to 3, when the child turns three he becomes a preshooler at five he is a young child.

bcoll
by Brandi on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I think of walking to 3 as a toddler, preschooler 3-5. Then just child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:56 PM

so the majority says 3 :)  I see a three year old as preschooler because they are walking, eating on their own, and potty trained, and ready for school and some go to head start.  But at least I am not wrong in saying a 4 year old is definitely NOT a toddler.

Ashley1113
by Ley on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM
My opinion is 4 is still a toddler, because not all 4 year olds go to preschool. And not all kids are potty trained by 3.

Quoting Anonymous:

so the majority says 3 :)  I see a three year old as preschooler because they are walking, eating on their own, and potty trained, and ready for school and some go to head start.  But at least I am not wrong in saying a 4 year old is definitely NOT a toddler.

AliceNonsense
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I'd say 1-3
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Just because they are not in school doesn't mean they are not school aged.  Big difference.  And most kids should be trained by two.  There are some that are trained late but that is on the parents.  I did the early potty training with mine and they were all trained by a year but I was also a stay at home mom so I could take the time to do that.  That is not for everyone.  It takes a lot of work and patience.  The only reason a kid should not be trained by 4 or even 3 is because of delay issues IMO.  

Quoting Ashley1113:

My opinion is 4 is still a toddler, because not all 4 year olds go to preschool. And not all kids are potty trained by 3.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)