Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Another car seat post.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
Now that my daughter has started kindergarten, she is having more play dates than usual, which is great! However, I've been asked to pick up and drop off the kids on several occasions. When I told their moms I didn't have an extra car seat, one handed me a backless booster and the other mom said she is fine without any type of car seat.

I drove these kids with whatever child restraint their parents suggested, but i was not comfortable. It made me uncomfortable enough to purchase 2 Clek Oobr boosters for when her friends are in my car.

Question 1: Did I purchase a good product?

Question 2: Has this situation happened to anybody else?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Bump
Anonymous
Bumpy
Anonymous
Bump bump
truealaskanmom
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally think kids under 8 should be in HBB at the least and at age 5 they should be in a 5pt 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I don't know anything about the seats but I think it is great that you care enough to make sure they are safe in your car. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I think you wasted your money, you could have paid 5x less and got two graco turbo boosters that essentially do the same thing. If I were you, I would have gotten spare boosters too, but not such expensive ones.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
That is weird to me. My kid would have looked at you with a "WTF is this" face.
MommyO2-6631
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM
They also have inflatable boosters so you can send them with your kiddo. I've never heard of those boosters though. When in your car you are held legally responsible for keeping them in the proper seats.
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM
I refused to take my friends kid with us until she got his seat. She said he didn't need one. He was 5. I told her the law says 8 so if she wants a ride go back in and get his booster. I'm not getting a ticket or killing your kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Thank you.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I don't know anything about the seats but I think it is great that you care enough to make sure they are safe in your car. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)