Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom Jeans...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
So, I am 26 years old - mom of two boys 8 and 6. I'm 5'8, 140LBS. I wear a size 8 and have a very large bubble butt. What kind of jeans should I wear? I'm pretty thick through my butt and legs, smaller but still curvy on top. Any ideas? What kind of jeans are 'mom jeans?' (I've recently lost about 20lbs and I'm trying to start looking better.)
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Congrats on the weight loss! I'm no help in the jean dept, sorry :)

Nunyabusiness
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Levi's are my favorites and they have tons of different cuts for different body shapes. Congratulations on your weight loss!

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I love lucky jeans
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I wear Big Star, Miss Me, and Silvers just to name a few.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Charlotte Russe jeans!
New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Honestly.... Idk where you live but if you have a western store there are some great jeans in there. I'm not a country type or western type person but the trendy stuff doesn't work for me. Theres several kinds but the jeans in the western stores are shaped differently it seems. Dh grew up in the country and when I was complaining about not finding jeans he told me to try Cavender's and I laughed at him. I said NO WAY IN HELL! Well eventually he got me in there and I had to apologize to him..lol they look like normal jeans but fit better. I have the curl girl jeans.. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM

No high top jeans or anything with pockets too close together. The high tops with the pockets in the middle of a round butt are what I consider mom jeans. Your pants shouldn't be so low that they look like teenager jeans, or so high that they are almost at your belly button. 

Congrats on your weight loss. Go to the store and try on a couple of styles and see what you like best. Whatever flatters your new figure and makes you feel comfortable is what is best for you.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I wear DKNY Spring Jeans

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Cruel Girls are nice, I haven't had any in awhile.

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

Honestly.... Idk where you live but if you have a western store there are some great jeans in there. I'm not a country type or western type person but the trendy stuff doesn't work for me. Theres several kinds but the jeans in the western stores are shaped differently it seems. Dh grew up in the country and when I was complaining about not finding jeans he told me to try Cavender's and I laughed at him. I said NO WAY IN HELL! Well eventually he got me in there and I had to apologize to him..lol they look like normal jeans but fit better. I have the curl girl jeans.. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeepJeep
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Seven Jeans!! I have never found a pair I don't love. I am a size 10 with a round butt and a small waist. These jeans are perfect for my shape.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)