Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tips for making a stockpile of breast milk?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I want to fill my freezer and be able to donate some. Any ideas tips or secrets?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Who will you be donatung to or through?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Use a deep freezer or put it in a freezer you don't open often. Don't put it in the door. Label well! Put only 2-4 oz in each bag. Lay the bags flat to freeze and then you can stack them.

victoriangavin
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Get up each morning before the baby wakes up and pump first before the baby eats.  It is easiest for the pump to get the milk toward the front and baby can easily get the milk towards the back glands.  This should increase your production as well.  Each time you feed the baby, pump before you feed.  This is how I stock piled and I donated over 1,500oz of bm.  Where do you plan to donate?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM
A friend who needs to take medication

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Who will you be donatung to or through?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I have a friend who needs to take medication and she asked if i could give her some milk when she has her baby and i really want to

Quoting victoriangavin:

Get up each morning before the baby wakes up and pump first before the baby eats.  It is easiest for the pump to get the milk toward the front and baby can easily get the milk towards the back glands.  This should increase your production as well.  Each time you feed the baby, pump before you feed.  This is how I stock piled and I donated over 1,500oz of bm.  Where do you plan to donate?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Bump!
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Fenugreek!
pregnantmama105
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I wish I responded to a pump or even had a place/person to get donated milk from when I had ds...where I live they have no breast milk donation places anywhere in my Provence.

victoriangavin
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM
First she needs to make sure she cannot breastfeed while on the meds and if not then she must pump and dump to keep up with the supply. Check with the pharmacist and doctor about the medication. It's alright to share milk like that long as ya'll both agree

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a friend who needs to take medication and she asked if i could give her some milk when she has her baby and i really want to

Quoting victoriangavin:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)