Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do if an 11yr old hurt your 4 yr old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

My 11 yr old nephew has major mean issues. Before my son learned how to walk, m nephew raised a fist at him and prepared to punch him because my son was holding on to him (instead of the couch) I totally flipped and told my nehpew that was not acceptable. Course he ran to my sister and told a different story then what happend and she got mad at me 

Now my son is 4, and the constant punching bag of my nephew "Z". If my sister sees it she will say/do something. But if she doesnt then I guess it never happend. I have another nephew a few months younger then my son. Z is constantly mean to the little boys. Due to circumstances I had to move in with my sister a few months ago. I've watch my son get bullied and bruised up. I've talked to nephew, my mom talk to him, my sistr and her husband talked to him. We've all told him not to put his hands on the boys, and if they are doing something they aren't suppose to then to come get an adult. He's 11, you'd think he'd gt it.

Well today my mom and sis went out shopping, and then my bro in law had to run to his office for a few hours. The older kids (13yr old niece) and nephew can take care of themselves, but I was watching the little ones. The boys were playing and my son was in a fantastic sweet mood, he found the hair dryer and so we went and played with it for a while (did our hair) after he was done I was taking care of it, he went in search of his buddy, I kid you not, he was gone for maybe a min when he starts screaming. I thought at first it was the younger nephew, but as the screams increased I knew it was my son. I ran to him, and found him holding his chest (didn't have a shirt on) I asked him what happened and he said Z did something to him (he showed me with his hands, like a weird pinch) the younger nephew was in a corner far from Z and Z was standing between the boys with a mean face on. Z tried to saw my son hit him so he pushed him away, on his back (his story changed 3 times). My son had a red mark on his chest where I assumed the pinch thing happened.  I flipped out and started yelling at Z, i told him he had no right to touch and mark up my son. I was so mad, because he had done it numerous times, and I saw him earlier push his brother down. Since his story changed, I pretty much went off of what my son told me and said there was no way Z could have pushed him, especially on the back and there be a mark on his chest (right between nipple and armpit) 

I knew he was going to run to mommy, so I after calming my son down I called my mom to tell her what happened. She said she'd talk to my sister.

My sis gots home and flips out on me for yelling at Z, mind you shes yelled at my kids, and even spanked my son before. I figure if the adult in charge sees something, they are responsible for correcting bad behavior. She was livid at me for yelling at Z, I told her he had no right to touch my son and leave a mark on him, and that it wasn't the first time. She totally babies the crap out of him and allows him to be mean to the boys. She's even caught him lying, or hurting the boys, yet she doesn't want to "upset" him by correcting him, IDK it just seems she gets this defense and NO one is allowed to say anythign mean to her special little guy. He has never been diagnosed with anything, and his meaness is getting worse. 

I am planning on moving out ASAP< any ideas or advice on what to do until then. Please no bashing! I'm having to teach my kids not to play with Z because he is a bully, its hard on my kids but I don't want them getting hurt. I am not sure how to handle Z's behavior, or my sister getting mad at me for correcting/yelling at her kid. I prob shouldn't have yelled, but for him to stand there and lie when I have the evidence of a hurt child with a mark on them, I just flipped out. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fairyjester
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM
3 moms liked this

the best thing you can do is get the hell out as soon as possible.

and never let your son alone with him, even if its just the next room.

wont be easy but  you need to do it.

Linagma03
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Your nephew has some real issues and probably needs to see a behaviorist to find out what his problem is. He could have issues that can be resolved by therapy or he could just be the product of a mother who just doesn't care. 

I don't know of anything you can do to keep the boys safe from him unless you are able to physically keep them apart at all times. It sounds like you'd have to pracitically live in the rooms you have just to stay safe. After moving I wouldn't allow my kid anywhere near Z ever again and I wouldn't care if my sister got mad it is her problem to deal with Z being the bully. Is there anyway that you can stay with your mother or have your son stay with her until you can get out of your sisters house? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM
3 moms liked this
Next time he hits your kid , tell your sister you will be pressing charges on him and then do it there no reason your baby should be tortured by an 11yr old asshole!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM
In that case, move out.

Other cases- i know a little boy who's very mean and in some ways, down right abusive. Trying to change it, but he's grabbed onto my family. Anyone messes with my son or his sister, this boy will go after them. He even went after his own mom when she started attacking her mom (his grandmother). In every other case, he's a bully.... but when it comes to family, he will defend until he can't. If someone was going against my little boy and my child can't defend themself, I would have no problem getting this 9 year old to go after him.
twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Press charges
csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd have a belt all up and down Z's ass and my sister's as well  I wonder how she will like visiting the little asshole in jail.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:12 AM

our mom lives with us too. Between all o f the adults, we have talked to him and corrected his bad behavior. he msy be good for while until mommy isn't looking.

I agree he does need help. My mom is pretty tird of the way ny sisters family treats us, so may move out with me and the kids

Quoting Linagma03:

Your nephew has some real issues and probably needs to see a behaviorist to find out what his problem is. He could have issues that can be resolved by therapy or he could just be the product of a mother who just doesn't care. 

I don't know of anything you can do to keep the boys safe from him unless you are able to physically keep them apart at all times. It sounds like you'd have to pracitically live in the rooms you have just to stay safe. After moving I wouldn't allow my kid anywhere near Z ever again and I wouldn't care if my sister got mad it is her problem to deal with Z being the bully. Is there anyway that you can stay with your mother or have your son stay with her until you can get out of your sisters house? 

BamaMomto4
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I would be very tempted to tell the 4 yr old that the next time the 11 yr old hurt him or tried to hurt him that he had permission to pick up something hard and smack the crap out of the bully. 

What I would probably do is tell sister that the next time the 11 yr old laid a hand on or hurt the 4 yr old she would have to explain to the cops why she allows it to continue. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I would kick his shit in as well as my sisters.
happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd have a very hard time not hitting him across the face.
I have serious issues (as anyone) with someone hurting my kid.
Accidents happen.
But your nephew has a mental issue.

I'd get out of there and before you leave, tell Z Idiot that if he ever lays a hand on your kid... he will wish he hadn't because you will come after him.
Let him wonder what that means. ;)

Evil bastard
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)