Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hmmm, racist or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

This was posted on my Facebook, the person who posted it and commented is black.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Do I find it racist.. No
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:34 AM
I think the person who posted it was saying "this stereotype is incorrect" I'm not sure I can find the racism here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Even with the frown you think she was saying that?

Would it change your mind if I told you the same person said that black people shouldn't celebrate the 4th of July because black people weren't free?

Quoting HIJKLM:

I think the person who posted it was saying "this stereotype is incorrect" I'm not sure I can find the racism here
MomTiara19
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Is it offensive to you?

In being black I see it as saying we are all children of God no matter what religion and how we celebrate God.

So I do not se it as offensive.Yet I am against racism and if it is racist than you have every right to voice why you feel it is.

Awareness is key in racism.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Its the frown on the end, to me she is saying its not a good thing that white people's church isn't like a black persons church.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Is it offensive to you?

In being black I see it as saying we are all children of God no matter what religion and how we celebrate God.

So I do not se it as offensive.Yet I am against racism and if it is racist than you have every right to voice why you feel it is.

Awareness is key in racism.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:47 AM
The :( could be frowning at the stereotyping.

I'm not sure what I make of the second comment. Maybe she is racist. But based just on the pic you posted I don't find that racist.

Even the other comment isn't necessarily racist, maybe she feels that America still isn't equal.

Idk, if you find her posts offensive delete her. Problem solved.

Quoting Anonymous:

Even with the frown you think she was saying that?

Would it change your mind if I told you the same person said that black people shouldn't celebrate the 4th of July because black people weren't free?

Quoting HIJKLM:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM
BUMP!
QueenofHouse11
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I don't find it racist.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I don't think so. That stereotype isn't true and she stated that. I've been to predominantly white church and they were getting down LOL 

mommawhite08
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM
She's saying white people church is lame and its sad that some black people church is like that also. It doesn't bother me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)