Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This has been the worst month

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:39 AM
  • 8 Replies
A month ago my grandmother had a fall, broke her knee. Went home and a week later missed the chair while attempting to sit down and she broke her hip, while in rehab she broke her other hip, barely made it out of surgery and then had a heart attack. She is not In good shape. Growing up I spent a lot of time with her, her an I have always been close and it's heartbreaking seeing her like that.

On top of that growing up we lived next to the same people the whole time I lived at home, those neighbors still live next door to my parents, we are very close with them, she used to baby sit us and when she had kids I babysat them. They still attend my kids birthday parties. Well on thursday I get a call from my mother telling me that last Friday my neighbor collapsed, she had a massive stroke, she didn't wake up until Sunday, her mind is apparently all there but she is completely paralyzed and can't talk at all, she is also forgetting to breathe at times so she's on a ventilator. She is only 47.

I am feeling as though I have stepped into someone else's life over night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:42 AM

A broken hip is a very bad sign, and I'm sorry to say, but I highly doubt her health will get better.

I'm so sorry about your neighbour, but again, it's not going to improve.

I only say those two above things so you can steel yourself for when the worst comes.

Sorry momma :(  -hugs-

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Thank you.
That's the horrible thing, neither one of them will get better, as mean as it sounds I just don't want them in pain anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

A broken hip is a very bad sign, and I'm sorry to say, but I highly doubt her health will get better.

I'm so sorry about your neighbour, but again, it's not going to improve.

I only say those two above things so you can steel yourself for when the worst comes.

Sorry momma :(  -hugs-

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2Sparrows4ever
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:20 AM
((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))
RadnRem
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:25 AM
I agree with the first poster. I am so sorry for everything you're dealing with.
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Thank you. I just needed an outlet to get it all out I suppose

Quoting RadnRem:

I agree with the first poster. I am so sorry for everything you're dealing with.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:38 AM

its so hard watching loved ones grow older. i really hope things pick up for you soon. all you can do is just enjoy the hell out of all the good times to try and make up for the bad.

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Trying to.
It hasn't quite sunk in yet that this is actually real

Quoting villagemamma:

its so hard watching loved ones grow older. i really hope things pick up for you soon. all you can do is just enjoy the hell out of all the good times to try and make up for the bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)