Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you go the extra mile for your family??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies
3 moms liked this

What extra's do you do for your family?? My big one includes what we eat. I make everything from scratch (as much as I can).

I make all of our meals from scratch, breakfast, lunch and dinner. I also won't buy any junk like potato chips, baked goods or candy. I make those all myself. We are pretty healthy but when it comes to the "bad" things I like to make them as clean as possible.. I know what the ingredients are and know how they are made.

I make my own cheese (no pre-packaged or pre-shredded). At the very least if I cant make it I buy high quality cheese that I know is good and I shred it myself. Pre-shredded cheese is coated with a chemical and to me that is disgusting. I also make our creamer homemade (no chemical filled coffee-mate in this house), homemade chocolate syrup, caramel, ice cream, extracts, bread, pizza dough, whipped cream, pasta, bbq sauce, salad dressing. 

I love cooking and baking, I do it often (especialls pies and pastries). We also make a lot of paleo items like pancakes which are actually quite healthy.

We also use real butter (not the plastic stuff), real maple syrup and local honey. I buy organic for the items you should buy organic (the rest I buy conventional). I take a lot of pride in my cooking/baking and I feel like its how I contribute to our family and their health.

Obviously I am a SAHM and not everyone has time for this stuff. It can be time consuming but at the same time I feel like its very rewarding and I enjoy it.

What extras do you do for your family?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:16 AM
3 moms liked this

Very interesting! How the hell do you do it? :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Very interesting! How the hell do you do it? :)

Lol I just do.. I started doing more and more over time. I started out buying things organic and making things from scratch. Then I learned you can make pretty much anything yourself. Pinterest is my friend lol

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I wish that I did all of that. I do buy whole cheese and cube/shred it and make my mixes from scratch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this

No I dont go "the extra mile" for them.
They refuse to walk a mile in my shoes :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM
i do pretty much the same. plus we homeschool because it is important my children get the best education possible
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I am the SAME way....I seriously could have posted this lol but I'm not a sahm
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM
4 moms liked this
Im a foodie and a SAHM. I adore cooking and baking. If I had the time I would make our own cheese etc. However I prefer to have time for me. Time for my girls and time for the Mr. I would be in the kitchen all day if I were to make all of our food from scratch.

Im good with a 60/40 ratio. 60% homemade 40% store bought

I do however make my girls costumes for Halloween. A special gift for Christmas(a blanket or scarf etc)
TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM
16 moms liked this
I do absolutely nothing for my family, they are lucky if I throw a box of Kraft dinner on in the evening. Heck my son isn't even two and he knows that if he is hungry and it isn't dinner time he either sucks it up or he goes out and hunts squirrel. Squirrel is mighty fine eating!
Kaelsma
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:25 AM
14 moms liked this

I let my son get the 4 pack of Reese's cups instead of the 2-pack. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I am the SAME way....I seriously could have posted this lol but I'm not a sahm

OMG you must be superwoman then! lol how do you do all of this and work?? I told DH I feel like its a job in itself, but im happy to do it since I dont work. I did work for a couple of years but when baby #2 came along it was going to cost me more for childcare for both than I would even make. I think were both happy with the decision for me to SAH though. DH is always talking about how glad he is I have the time to do all of this stuff lol.. I didnt think he would be so on board with the "clean eating" but he is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN