Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm thinking about deleting my best friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies
In high school I was friend with this girl. We will call her L. She was my best friend we did everything together. When I got pregnant at 16 she was there for me through the whole thing. Then when I made the stupidest mistake of being with my babys bio father again She told me she couldn't be friends with me. Onces I realized it was a mistake and I broke up with him for the last time wL and I became friends again. When I moved L would come visit me and when she went to the military shed write me letters. I'd try to write her back but sometimes I'd just be soooo busy I'd forget. ( I was a single mom and she understood) after I met dh she came to visit me once and after being here a week she got on my nerves. She got pissed off at the zoo because dh was feeding the ducks bread and my kids thought it was funny. She thought it was imature. I personally just thought she was here too long and that's why. I told her my dh proposed to me about 3 months later. She was so happy. I asked her to be my maid of honor and she agreed at first but then as time went on I could tell that it wasn't her priority to be in my wedding and she adventually declined even coming. About 2 yrs ago she got married to a man out of the blue. I told her congrats. I wasn't upset about not being invited because they eloped. When she became pregnant I got an invitation to her baby shower and I figured I'd mail her something because my dhs uncle passed away that weekend and I couldn't go. She understood. I mail the gift and she sent me a thank you. We still talked and things were fine. About a yr ago I was in a really bad mood like nothing was going my way so I text her and I got no reply. This text was a cry for help and u could tell I was really unstable. She didn't respond. I adventually got over it with the help of another friend and dh. A couple of weeks ago I was going through old fb messages and hers poped open. I took it as a sign to email her. Just something nice no reply but all this time she's been liking all my stuff I post. Well yesterday I noticed she was posting about a wrap for a new baby. I posted on her page are u expecting? Congrats no reply but she continues to like everything I post. I'm getting annoyed I feel like we are in high school and I'm not sure what's up worth her. Maybe it has something to do with dh adopting my oldest dd. I don't know why but that's what I'm thinking cause hasn't talked to me really sence that day. I'm not sure I don't want to delete her cuz we were best friends I just want to know what the hell did I do!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmom3012
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Delete her. If she hasn't messaged you in a long time then there's no reason for her to have any access to your life. I just did the same thing with a girl I had been friends with for 21 years! She moved to Seattle two years ago and she's been back five times. In those five times she has said we would hang out, but instead of seeing me she hung out with her other friends and ditched our plans. I feel better having deleted her. You probably will too.
Liastele
by Lauren on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM
15 moms liked this

In all fairness, it took me forever to understand to check my notifications on Facebook. I missed a ton of wall posts and comments because I simply didn't "get" it. Of course, it sounds like I'm old enough to be your mother so that could be part of the problem.

Instead of getting upset, why don't you try an old fashion method of communication like a phone call? There will be less miscommunications if you simply try speaking to each other. Don't let technology get in the way. 

mylilsunshine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM
5 moms liked this

Sometimes it happens. People grow apart. You didn't do anything wrong so don't beat yourself over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM
7 moms liked this
This is why Facebook should have been left to the kids. If I have an issue with a friend I tell them and we talk. Deleting on Facebook never crosses my mind.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I've text her. I don't like Just calling people. I'm always worried they are busy. I know she gets text and I have a feeling she's been getting my messages because she likes everything I post so she knows how to work fb.

Quoting Liastele:

In all fairness, it took me forever to understand to check my notifications on Facebook. I missed a ton of wall posts and comments because I simply didn't "get" it. Of course, it sounds like I'm old enough to be your mother so that could be part of the problem.

Instead of getting upset, why don't you try an old fashion method of communication like a phone call? There will be less miscommunications if you simply try speaking to each other. Don't let technology get in the way. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:40 AM
She won't talk to me. Maybe ur right maybe I should call her but I hate feeling like she's not going to answer and it'd suck being rejected from an old friend in that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is why Facebook should have been left to the kids. If I have an issue with a friend I tell them and we talk. Deleting on Facebook never crosses my mind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, sounds to me like you need to CALL her. Cuz for a long time she was a much better friend than you and she had a ton of patience for it. So now's the time to have the same patience for her.
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:43 AM
6 moms liked this
If you ever valued your friendship pick up the phone and call. Maybe she has been very busy. There are times you admittedly didn't write her back...she may be going through something as well.

Pick up the phone instead of being immature.
Liastele
by Lauren on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this

You do know that there are plenty of adults that simply do not respond to text messages, right? If someone sends me a text written in gibberish text speak, if I do bother responding it will simply be contact information for their local adult education building. If the friendship is even slightly important, you need to make an effort beyond a text message.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've text her. I don't like Just calling people. I'm always worried they are busy. I know she gets text and I have a feeling she's been getting my messages because she likes everything I post so she knows how to work fb.

Quoting Liastele:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Ok when my phone is done charging I will and I hope u all are right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)