Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would a baby shower for an adoptive mom offend you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 198 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm adopting a little girl. She will be here any day now. Obviously the birth mom can change her mind and she's not mine yet but hopefully. I want to have a baby shower about a month or two months after everything is finalized that way we will have time to plan it, everything will be in place, and Baby Girl will be old enough to attend. It all depends on when things are finalized and settled. We don't want to call it an adoption shower as several family members are insisting on. I just want to call it a welcome baby shower or just a baby shower. Other than me not being pregnant and Baby Girl will be there, it wont be different than a normal shower. Do you have any objections? Would you attend if you were invited to a shower like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinVanMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I would def attend! Everyone will want to see the baby. When we adopted our kids we had an adoption party. Bounce house cake lunch fun time. 

marcy_darcy
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM
11 moms liked this

I absolutely would attend this type of shower. Every baby should be celebrated, no matter how they came into a family. Congrats, mama!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Bump
2girlsandadream
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Yes I would attend. I don't see anything wrong with calling it either name though.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I would most certainly attend. I wouldn't have any objection and I would ignore any objections raised as the person being silly and not knowing what they were talking about.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I would.
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Yes I would
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Call it a "Welcome to the Family, Baby" party
RaniNY
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I think it's a great idea. Who doesn't like it can stay home. But I don't see why they would object.
tardistraveller
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:42 AM

What? No! Of course I would attend!

Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly for you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured