Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for people who drive often in a major city

Posted by   + Show Post
When you need to get over do you look to make sure everything is safe and then hit your blinker and get over quickly or do you hit your blinker, look and then get over?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Hit blinker, then look in mirror, and then look BEHIND me with my head (not trusting only the mirror) and then move over.

I wish I could give out the driver's licenses.  There would be far fewer on the road.  I want to eliminate the texters and tailgaters most of all. 

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Look, blinker, look, look some more, start easing over, look again, get over, look one more time. :p

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Blinker, look and then get over.  

Reason: A lot can change in a nano second and if I have my blinker on before I look than people already know I am about to change lanes so they yeild to me or speed up out of my way. If I look, then put my blinker on and then get over I very well might hit someone or something. 

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Depends on what city I'm in.... In Dallas I will use a blinker. In New Orleans I won't... in NOLA if you use a blinker people won't let you in lol 

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Blinker first
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM
In heavy traffic blinker first, then look.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:43 PM
This is me, Houston drivers are assholes.

Quoting Anonymous:

honestly I look first. when I see its clear, then I turn on my blinker and get  over. but people in this city are assholes. if you put your blinker on, they will purposely speed up and get in your way and block you from getting over. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:45 PM

ya we are in san antonio. its the same here. drives me crazy. people here are some of the worst drivers I have ever seen.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting Anonymous:

honestly I look first. when I see its clear, then I turn on my blinker and get  over. but people in this city are assholes. if you put your blinker on, they will purposely speed up and get in your way and block you from getting over. 

KimberlyMKasten
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I put on my blinker and then make sure it's safe to get over.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Its just as bad here, thankfully because I took drivers Ed on Houston streets I know how to navigate places like San Antonio.

Quoting Anonymous:

ya we are in san antonio. its the same here. drives me crazy. people here are some of the worst drivers I have ever seen.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)