Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In a custody battle

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 1 Replies

I was married for 16 years and out of the blue my husband told me he wanted a divorce. We have 2 younger children ages 5 & 8, I have been a stay at home mom the whole time, and I opened a childcare in my home. The father was always working, going on hunting trips, out with friends, never around, while I did all the child rearing and school activities doctors appts, etc,,,, He is fighting me for custody, he also has a 16 year old daughter that lives 12 miles away and totally abandoned her, hasnt seen or talked to her in 3 years, just pays support. She has recently contacted me and her and I talk alot, and says how she has tried calling her father but he will not answer or return her calls. Where is the logic in disowning one child and thinking you can parent 2 younger ones. We have our final court hearing in 3 weeks, I sure hope the judge will see that he is not the right parent/person to have custody.

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
marrionsmommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Can you have the 16 yr old (with permission from her mom) write a letter to the judge explaining her feeling and abandonment by her father and how she has tried to contact him. Kinda like a character witness to show his true colors. That way the judge can see what kinda father he is? Hope the judge rules yr way.. good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN