Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So.... Would love some opinions on this....

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM
  • 104 Replies

Here it goes, my current husband five months ago left me for my homewrecking best friend. I feel I should add that he left when my son was 8m old. I also should add that he cheated for pretty much the entire first year of our marriage with his ex when my daughter was 3m old. We have been married four years, last week he decided to tell me he wanted to come home, he misses me and misses his family. I am normally the person to say screw him blah blah... but as a stay at home mom, life was easier with him around. I have not let him come back, I told him I would consider it, I really just dont know what to do. I have many fears, and rightfully so. I however want my family back. I am just so lost. 

**** Thank you to the people who weren't total assholes and gave real constructive advice, you are all right. It was just one of those things where the heart and mind wouldnt agree, i still have love for him and that is the issue, my mind knows he will probably never change. He needs some serious psychological help. Its been so heart breaking... I am a really forgiving person because its how i was raised. Naysayers can say whatever they want but i only took him back because i loved him still and truely believed it was in the best interest of my family, we went to marriage counseling and i gave it my all. I didn't get married to be divorced four years later and i was always taught that you dont give up in marriage for any reason. My cousin cheated on his wife and they are happier married now after counseling then they were before he cheated, it is possible. Maybe not with my husband but it is. I know i should hate him, i should be angry but that doesnt benifit my children or myself. I am going through with the divorce though, so as i said thank you people who gave REAL advice and wernt just jerks. 

********I filed divorce 

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoxStetz
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM

That's hard.  I personally wouldn't take him back, but you are the only one who can make that choice.  Good luck mama. 

Kat31
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Please don't :(
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Would you want your ds to grow up and think it is ok to cheat?
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM
The decision is only up to you. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Counseling.

KKline
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Certainly not and therein lies my problem

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Would you want your ds to grow up and think it is ok to cheat?

HumanBeing
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't take him back. Instead focus on getting a job , going back to school and reclaiming yourself.

You are much better off without him in the long run. It's just going to he really hard at first. You can do it though!
-42-
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM
So he's tired of her and wants to come home now.....yeah, I wouldn't.
nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't want the trash anymore.
KKline
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I go to counseling. Twice a week. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Counseling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured