Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's, what else do you do?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 111 Replies

So, there seems o be an impression that if you stay at home, you're life is boring and you don't really do anything besides cook or clean. I am sure there are lazy SAHM's but most I know, do something else. So, what else do you do? 

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really do anything that doesn't relate to taking care of my family or house, so I guess I'm one of the lazy ones.

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
3 moms liked this
I cook, clean, take care of my kids, get on CM and FB, read, watch TV. I really AM boring lol.
megz0511
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I'm starting a 6 week zumba class next week. 3 days a week I will get an hour and a half of me time. We also go to library once a week for story time. And now that it is fall weather we get to walk the local trails when we go to town.
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Gym, golf, swim, hike, volunteer, coffee/lunch with friends....etc.
deenakate
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I sew, knit, paint. Teach.
momwriter
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I'm a part time freelance writer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I do all the stuff around the house (obviously), run all the errands, train the dog (which is like a fucking full time job) and I also clean my moms house once a week and take my dad to dr appts a few times a month.

The only thing I really have time to do for myself is shopping which is mostly for the house (we just moved in so lots to buy) and clothes for ds..
momwith2monkeys
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM

bump for later.

kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Cook, clean, make sure husband and kids are happy. If I'm really getting overwhelmed I MIGHT get to go out for a coffee to just relax.
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

If you're asking me if I run church fundraisers and volunteer in the PTA absolutely not.  I'm not that kind of mom/person...

I am currently and have been actively looking for a job because 9 years of not being out in the 'real world' has completely taken it's toll on me especially in the past 2-3 years...but, other than taking care of my family, running errands, keeping up with the kids in school and making sure the house is always clean inside and out..that IS the extent of what I do. It's full time and it will never end.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)