Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old was your child when you weaned from formula?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
Breastfeeders we Are aware you did not need to wean from it. I'm asking ff moms only.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Exactly one year old. I threw it all away on her first birthday.

christina0607
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Breastfeeders don't wean? Since when?

My FF kids were not weaned, they just stpped getting formula around a year. I ahve three all of them stopped between 11 and 13months. 

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:44 AM

my twins were two and a half, I had them on infant formula until they were 18months and moved them to toddler , we stopped that at two and a half

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I started weaning at 11 months with my son. I just started slowly adding more and more milk to his formula. by time he was 1 years old he was off formula completely.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM

the day after her first birthday.  Her last day with a bottle as well. Although I feel like a lazy parent for allowing that habit to go on as long as it did. My son was off the bottle by 10 months. Quite honestly, I have sucked as a parent the second time around.

TSPiggy98
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Dd was 11 months old when I started mixing cow's milk with her formula, gradually increasing the milk/formula ratio every week.  I also started switching out a sippy cup for every other bottle.  She was completely on milk and off the bottle by her 1st birthday.  She's 14 now and has never had any ill effects from milk.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I think she was talking about the snarky, holier than thou, "My child only had breastmilk because I love him too much to feed him that poison! I AM BETTER THAN YOU!!!", comments that always pop up when someone talks about formula feeding. lol

Quoting christina0607:

Breastfeeders don't wean? Since when?

My FF kids were not weaned, they just stpped getting formula around a year. I ahve three all of them stopped between 11 and 13months. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM

1 yr old

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM

when dd was 1yo and she didn't have any negative reactions to milk, she went off formula 100%.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Breastfeeders don't wean. We nurse them through college !! I am super mommy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)