Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im getting sick of it *vent *

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
things are rough between dh and i. he keeps calling me a shitty mom and wife and im getting sick of it. im basically a single mom and he cant understand why im in a pissy mood all the time. before this weekend he was either on call or on a rig for a month straight. when hes home hes more concerned about having fun with the kids rather then being a parent.ive been having lots of problems with my oldest janae (who is 9 going on 20 i swear)with her attitude and he just stands by and lets her cop it to me and does nothing about it.when it comes to potty training darious (who is 3 and has been potty traing since he was 2) he ignores all that im trying to do and just put a pull up on him. my biggest frustration is is marley (who is 2 and our youngest) she is beyond attached to me. meaning i cant go anywhere or do anything without her screaming at the top of her lungs. so ive been doing tough love with her (dont bash its worked with the older kids)but when hes home she gets held all the time and he doesnt understand i cant physically hold her. its not just cause of the other kids and the house its because i have fibromyalgia and some days holding her it feels like some one is skinning me alive.my skin is so sensitive and my arms feel weak, but im just a shitty parent cause i can bend to her every whim.ive tried explaining why i do these things with the kids and how i feel he just ignores them and calls me a shitty wife cause i have weaknesses.he also gets on me for swearing at the kids cause they push and push and push me till i explode.im not proud of the fact i swear at them, but thats how i was raised other then beating their butts i dont know how to deal with their behaviors. time outs dont work all the time and imo i rather curse at them then put a belt to their butt...like i said im frustrated.i feel trapped at this point.i want us to work, but i dont feel like its right that he called me a shitty mom and wife just because im not doing things his way when hes never home to see what i go through day after day.hes can never feel the things i do cause he doesnt have the fibromyalgia and bi polar issues like i do
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Omg. Who isn't bipolar these days
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Im dealing with some of the same crap myself. My 12 yr old is driving me nuts. I wake up everyday saying today is going to be better. Then bam she is mouthy and I am screaming. Its getting old and I am not liking myself very much right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM

ive been diagnoised with bp for the last 10 yr currently non medicated due to insurance issues so i would think a more understanding dh would be in order, but instead i get mr captian america who thinks i should suck it up or else im a shitty mom and wife

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

or has fibromyalga

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg. Who isn't bipolar these days

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:37 AM
okay...
so leave him or do something
maybe hire somebody to help you around the house a bit
hes an oil rigger and they make good money so im assuming youll be able to afford it
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:39 AM
How were you diagnosed, did you have a brain scan? A blood test or did you juts go to the doctor and say you felt depressed?

Quoting Anonymous:

ive been diagnoised with bp for the last 10 yr currently non medicated due to insurance issues so i would think a more understanding dh would be in order, but instead i get mr captian america who thinks i should suck it up or else im a shitty mom and wife

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Your husband is working hard to provide for your family. When he is home after a month being gone he wants to ENJOY his family.... The people he is working so hard for.
1) cut him some slack, he is being involved with the kids and trying to rebuild the relationship.
2) get yourself a sitter once a week so you can take off for some ME time
3) if your son has been potty training for so long and still not getting it he likely just isn't ready, stop and try again in 3 months
4) get your older one into some behavior therapy or give her strict consequences for her actions.
5) get yourself some meds to ease your pain and your anger. No one wants to be around someone who is pissy all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM

multiple attempts of suicide multiple hospitalizations crazy manic pattern this is not a diagnoses i took lightly. i have had years of therapy and seeing therapist. like i said cant get meds or therapy cause our insurance doesnt cover it any more. mental health help where i live is non existence if you have ppo for insurance. you have to be on welfare to get help with a mental illness. i know because when we had welfare i got all the help i needed thats how i know. when dh got the job working for the gas company and started making to much we understandable lost our assistance, but along with that i lost all the help i was getting for my bi polar

Quoting Anonymous:

How were you diagnosed, did you have a brain scan? A blood test or did you juts go to the doctor and say you felt depressed?

Quoting Anonymous:

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM
If you have insurance it should cover a good portion of your medication. If not, have you called the insurance company and asked why they won't?

Quoting Anonymous:

multiple attempts of suicide multiple hospitalizations crazy manic pattern this is not a diagnoses i took lightly. i have had years of therapy and seeing therapist. like i said cant get meds or therapy cause our insurance doesnt cover it any more. mental health help where i live is non existence if you have ppo for insurance. you have to be on welfare to get help with a mental illness. i know because when we had welfare i got all the help i needed thats how i know. when dh got the job working for the gas company and started making to much we understandable lost our assistance, but along with that i lost all the help i was getting for my bi polar

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

orchardmoma
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Geez! I don't think your problem is your hubby, you need a break from those kids! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)