Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think my friend is being CAT-FISSHED by a married man ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies

Catfishing is when someone online pretends to be someone else to form a relationship with you. Like sending you pix of someone else who is more attractive and leading you on for weeks or months sometimes even years.

ANYWAYS, my friend met this guy online. He said he was Special Ops in the Army and that he is gone doing field training all the time and that he has a special "work phone' that gets better reception when he is out in the field training soldiers... Sometimes he wont text her for a few days. He always claims to be traveling, jet lagged etc. He has never face timed her or skyped her, he has sent a whopping THREE photos of himself to her, but he will send her voice texts or talk on the phone to her. The photos he sent look like photos he took off someone elses facebook. A photo of a guy shooting a machine gun in the desert with his face mostly covered, that sort of thing.

This guy clailms to take care of his "sick mother" and that he just bought a huge house and she lives there and takes care of it for him. That he has no kids and has never been married. When ever she talks about meeting up with him he shoots her down and makes up an excuse. Soooo many red flags right?

She doesnt even know what his MOS is, he wont add her on facebook, only texts her from his 'work phone' and is always gone for a week or so 'traveling' or 'in the field'. My husband was in the army for over 10 years, he said that this guy is lying through his teeth. Things that he says he does are so far from what actually happens. I get the feeling that he is a bored married man living some sick stupid fantasy or something. 

ETA:

I cant believe I left this out. She left her husband and two small children for this guy. She moved out and is renting a tiny room in some house, and got a job at the grocery store. She left her kids with her husband (who is in the AF) and her kids want nothing to do with her anymore. They scream when she picks them up. Its sad.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Oh and a few weeks ago when she mentioned saving up to come see him he didnt talk to her for a day then texted her saying that they asked him to deploy, and he had to make a decision within the next few days if he was going to accept or not. 

supercarp
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Possible. Or he is from South Africa or Nigeria. Tell her never to send him money no matter what he says.

big.city.mama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Yup tell her to call MTV how long have they been communicating?
la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM

yep, catfishing....i didnt know that term until this post, but it sounds like what is happening

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM

When I first met my hubby <we talked on-line>  we met right away,  I dont know why people on the tv show Catfish wait 7 or more years to meet?   wow,     tell your friend to investigate this person on-line

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Its def nothing like that. Ive heard his voice and everything.

Quoting supercarp:

Possible. Or he is from South Africa or Nigeria. Tell her never to send him money no matter what he says.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Same!

Quoting Anonymous:

When I first met my hubby   we met right away,  I dont know why people on the tv show Catfish wait 7 or more years to meet?   wow,     tell your friend to investigate this person on-line

TerraIncognita
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Tell her to watch the recent Dr. Phil episode on catfishing. She's being duped!
AvengedMommy101
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Sounds like it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:46 AM

looks like somebody watched Catfish last night on MTV

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN