Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What we did when our 15 year old got pregnant...my confession

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We always had the "perfect" family. I married my husband at 23, we had our daughter at 26 and life was good. We were well off and living life! That was until our 15 year old daughter got pregnant with her boyfriend of only 2 weeks. We were devastated. We had an image to uphold. We were active members in church, dd's school and sports, golf, our neighborhood, etc. The thought of going on with our normal life while toting around a pregnant 15 year old sounded like my own personal hell.

So we sent her to Washington state to live with my parents. They live in small town and she was homeschooled there by my mother who is a retired school teacher.

We told everyone that she had gotten a opportunity to be an intern at my childhood friend's dentist office. She told all of her friends that too. So off to grandma's she went. When the 6 months were up she still hadnt had the baby yet(she was 8 months by then) so as far as everyone else knew; she was enjoying herself in Washington and decided to stay another month.

All this time we are boasting to our friends about adopting. We tell them we've been trying to adopt for 3 years now but after being let down so much we didn't want to mention anything but we had a really good feeling about "this lady" so we just had to share the news.

On June 30th dd gave birth to a little girl that she named Skylee Marie. Two weeks later we drove to Washington to pick them up. When we got home we started the legal procedures. Dd signed over her rights and since she never even told her ex boyfriend she was pregnant there were no problems there.

We were now the parents of a baby girl whom we named Lucy Caroline. Dd started back at school in September and loved Lucy like the little sister she was. I was happy, my husband was happy, and our daughters were happy.

Lucy is now 3 and dd1 just started college. I'm a stay at home mom and feel very blessed that things turned out the way they did.

There is my confession. I've never told anyone except my family in Washington--dh's parents for even know. I know I will be called a troll countless times but I'm not. I just wanted to get that out.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Replies (781-781):
SamanthaSage
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I think you should have worried less about your "imagine" and more about your daughter's feelings. The father also has a right to know he has a daughter out there somewhere.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN