Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My step kids hate me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies

I don't know what to do or how to handle it. They telll me all the time that they like another woman better. She is a friend of the family and had known the girls since they were babies. My SO says she is nice and all but he is not interested in her. She says that he totally is not her type and that she would not put up with his shit.

The girls just dont understand this. they call her Mommy J****. They tell her all the time they love her and already feel like she is apart of the family.  Everyone likes her and her son. 

I just don't know what to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Are you guys married?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM

No but we live together and eveything. There mother is basically out of the picture. She may see them once a month.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Are you guys married?

malissaL
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

it's going to be a lengthy work in progress..don't push it, but, don't give up

RaniNY
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Just as you don't choose your parents, you don't choose your step parents. Too bad, so sad, kids!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM

They ask for her every day. They have told their dad to marry her. They go over to her house for help with homework. I just don't know what to do.

Quoting malissaL:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Thats basically what I want to say.

Quoting RaniNY:

Just as you don't choose your parents, you don't choose your step parents. Too bad, so sad, kids!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Being you aren't married and therefore technically aren't permanent like this lady has been I don't blame them. You got dumped on them and they were told love this new chick bc daddy does this month. I'd tell you to kick rocks too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I am permanent. My SO just has no desire to get married again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being you aren't married and therefore technically aren't permanent like this lady has been I don't blame them. You got dumped on them and they were told love this new chick bc daddy does this month. I'd tell you to kick rocks too.

RaniNY
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM
4 moms liked this
If she's cool, talk to her and tell her the problem. Maybe she'll talk you up to them, and otherwise help out with the situation. She may be nice and all, but its not about her. It's a control issue on their part. They want to take away your power in the relationship.

Quoting Anonymous:

They ask for her every day. They have told their dad to marry her. They go over to her house for help with homework. I just don't know what to do.

Quoting malissaL:

fairyjester
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

no , still not permanent.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am permanent. My SO just has no desire to get married again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured