Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Circumcision and my decision.

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 63 Replies
9 moms liked this

So by now, most of you ladies should know that I'm having a little boy in January.

I have always been for circumcision. I have seen both sides of the argument (the civil sides, I ignore the ignorant). However, due to upbringing, personal belief and some health benefits I was always definitely FOR circumcision. Not really much of a bearing on my decision, but almost everyone I know has been circumcised. Pretty much everyone in my family, ex boyfriends etc.

So anyway, my husband is uncircumcised. He is honestly, only the second person I have ever met who is. Do I mind? Well I did in the beginning, but now I don't care. He's the best sex I've ever had. Anyway. DH doesn't really believe in getting our son circumcised, and I can understand, but he said that if I really wanted it done, we'd get it done.

I've thought about it long and hard, and have decided we are NOT getting our son circumcised. If something should go wrong when he is older, than it may become an option. Now honestly, one of my main reasons is pretty selfish. I don't want to have to deal with an open wounds, possibility of infection, and more difficulty at change times. Babies are enough to handle without purposfully making it worse.

So our little boy won't be circumcised. Will he be bullied? No, penises are not allowed out at school. Will he look like daddy? Who cares, I don't think they will be having penis comparing days. Could he have issues? Sure, I mean I've had ear infections most of my life, but I still have my ears. Do I no longer believe in circumcision? No, this isn't the case. I still believe it has it's benefit, however for our family it is a choice we have decided against. Whether someone else circumcises or not, doesn't bother me.

So yeah. That's my decision and reasoning behind not getting our son circumcised.

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeautifulFey
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM

BUMP!

TrouserMouse
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:51 PM
It's always best to do what you feel is right for your child.
BeautifulFey
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Yup, but as I said, some of my reasoning is selfish lol.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It's always best to do what you feel is right for your child.

ConnorsmamaKim
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Good for you for making a decision! 

Most places don't cut cut the skin off. They literally pinch it off. Remember when mom told you not to put tight rubberbands on your wrist? Same idea. They put this little thing that looks like a ring on both sides of the skin, and it constrticts the bloodflow.The skin just dies and falls off. 

I am not trying to argue for or agaisnt, I just wanted to share that bit, its what they did with my boy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Having him circumcised isn't all that much more work. You change his diaper as you would any other child and put a little vaseline on his diaper so his penis doesn't get stuck to it while it's healing. When both of my son's got it done, they both came back from the procedure with the doctor peaceful and calm.....And, having it done later in life is much harder than having it done at birth. 

Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

No penises allowed at school? wtf does that mean?

brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I think everyone needs to make their own choices and quit bashing everyone else. Ds wasnt circ til he was 4. The only reason was medically. Df is circ. Baby due in dec will be circ.
My dad is not circ. I hate knowing that but he has given me some good info from a uncut mans pov. He is for circ.

BeautifulFey
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Sounds like how we neutered our cat when I was little lol. It sounds like a nicer way to do it, rather than cut it off lol.

Quoting ConnorsmamaKim:

Good for you for making a decision! 

Most places don't cut cut the skin off. They literally pinch it off. Remember when mom told you not to put tight rubberbands on your wrist? Same idea. They put this little thing that looks like a ring on both sides of the skin, and it constrticts the bloodflow.The skin just dies and falls off. 

I am not trying to argue for or agaisnt, I just wanted to share that bit, its what they did with my boy. 

BeautifulFey
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:55 PM

He can choose to get it done when he is older, or if something goes wrong, then we'll do it. It's easier to have surgery when you have a higher pain tolerance anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

Having him circumcised isn't all that much more work. You change his diaper as you would any other child and put a little vaseline on his diaper so his penis doesn't get stuck to it while it's healing. When both of my son's got it done, they both came back from the procedure with the doctor peaceful and calm.....And, having it done later in life is much harder than having it done at birth. 

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Cool. Glad you thought about it instead of making a knee jerk decision
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)