Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I really have to let her?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Ok so no I don't have custody.... long story short.. he took her and ran before we had a CO.  He settled with her 700 miles from where we lived and enrolled her in school and all sorts of activities.  Refused to let me see her and barely let me talk to her.   Finally got to court and he had paid a therapist to say that I had scarred my DD and tried to get me for abondment.  I had documented every phne call, every letter that was sent and in turn returned refused etc.  So the judge ruled him have primary custody and I had 2 supervised visits to reestablish our relationship with weekly phone calls.  Well he stalled on the visits and refused to abide by them so I took him back to court.  We finally got our visitation working decently.   He lives with his mom and she loves having our DD there as she is getting a second chance at a DD of her own.  She has always hated me and loves turning the dagger every chance she gets.  

Anyways next weekend DD has a costume fitting for her part in the Nutcracker.  It is my weekend with her.  His mom is refusing to let me have my weekend unless I give DD to her on Saturday for the fitting.  I told her that it was my weekend and that there is NO reason that I can not take her.  I am her mother.  She then said oh well in that case that weekend does not work for us.  I told her that she has no say in it  she said that she will have my ex discuss it with me, which I know will be her signing into his email and sending me an email with what she wants.   Do I really have to let her take her and not me?

Yes I have called my lawyer but he was gone for the night and won't be able to answer until tomorrow so what are your thougths?

And yes I am taking him back for custody but my laywer said we have to wait until one year has passed since the last order and that is not until may.....

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Follow your C/O.  Good luck mama! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Thank you----just upset because I know how excited DD is about this... and I finally have the chance to be there for it and his mom is trying to take it from me.... 

CalicoMeezer
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Absolutely not. A costume fitting for a school play is by no means justifiable to take your weekend away, especially since you are willing able to take her. If she just HAS to be there (and she really doesn't), she can play nice for a damn hour and meet you there.
CalicoMeezer
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM
What's more, if you relent then they will day you are violating your visitation and at that dd almost missed her fitting because of you couldn't be bothered to take her.

I have a for real white trash family. I don't play games, but I know the rules…lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you----just upset because I know how excited DD is about this... and I finally have the chance to be there for it and his mom is trying to take it from me.... 

.PinkHart.
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM
No. When it is YOUR scheduled time with her you have full rights.
Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Ugh that sucks balls. I am sorry. I hate when grandparents act like that. It is in the child's best interest for you to be around. Did you move near him? you said he moved 700 miles away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM

can you take her to the fitting ?

amandacr1026
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM
document it. its court ordered for you to get visitation and if they refuse they are in contempt of court.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN