Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Told My DD to STFU

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Yeah, I know, Mom of the Year award right here. Let me tell a little background story:

My DD is 22 and was with a guy for 4 years, up until last November. It was her first "serious" relationship. She moved out November and met her current bf not long afterwards. They are now expecting a baby boy together next month. DD's ex met a new girl, 4 years younger than my DD, and now they're expecting a baby together sometime next year. So basically, its like both are having rebound babies.

The problem: Ever since DD found out about this, she's done nothing but complain and talk badly about this girl she doesn't know. She comes over at least 4-6 times a week and it always comes to this subject. ALWAYS. What did I do? I let her vent. She's pregnant, I try to take into account her hormones. But tonight, I just couldn't handle it for the 100th time. She started in again and I finally said "Listen, you just need to STFU. I taught you to treat people the way you would want to be treated and I doubt you'd want C****** to talk this way about you." She got upset and left.

Before anyone pounces on me: I love my DD. Very much. But I didn't teach her to act this way, especially when she's in no position to judge. I had a bf I was with for years until we had a mutual break up. How did I take it? I let it go and went on with life. I can't stand when women dwell and insult their exes constantly and my DD is no exception.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

you bad mommy

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have said this to her much sooner, lol  She will be fine as soon as she cools off..........does she still have feeling for this other guy????

carolyntx
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
3 moms liked this
She needed that reality check, she's obsessing over them probably because she's not fully over him but she needs to mind her own business and let go. You were right.
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Well she needed to hear it...I agree momma...but we all know those pregnancy hormones.  Maybe call her tomorrow and apologize...

You don't want her mad at you while she's preg with your grandbaby!

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Quoting carolyntx:

She needed that reality check, she's obsessing over them probably because she's not fully over him but she needs to mind her own business and let go. You were right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Don't feel bad. I say that all the time to my 5 yr old DD. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I would have said the same thing. You are not a bad mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't feel bad. I told my teenage son to stop being an asshole the other day. It's what she needed to hear.
my.sonshine
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM
I wouldn't have said it that way.. But its something she needed to hear. She's VERY pregnant, so I would have just sat her down and talked Wither about her feelings. But...she'll forgive you ;) just have a chat with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my.sonshine
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM
With her**
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)