Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My awful, un-motherly confession.

Posted by   + Show Post

I really don't like babies. I love my children. I have a 2 1/2 year old, and a two month old, and as much as I love my tiny daughter, I'm really counting down the days until she is mobile and can play and more actively interact. Babies are awful. In my opinion they suck. Again, I love my baby, but I truly ENJOY my older son, which wasn't the case when he was very small. I can't wait to be able to enjoy doing stuff with my daughter as well.

I am NOT Karl. But I might still eat your hands.

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Replies (191-200):
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Nah, no one really talks to me. I'm kind of weird, so I can see why they wouldn't. lol. 

Quoting lisabiron3:

I have been fortunate this year my dd is going to a private stem school and the school sponsored a picnic on Saturday (only 93 kids in the whole school) I met so many cool mom's and a couple dad's I was really surprised. Do the parents try to talk to you?

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no, you are not alone. That's pretty much EXACTLY how I feel.

Quoting CorCrox:

I felt this exact same way. I love my son, and I can't wait until our second son is here, but I actually said to my husband 'and just wait, in only a year, thinks won't be miserable!' I thought I was alone.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I like that interactive but not mobile stage. I love putting DD somewhere and finding she's still there when I get back from the bathroom. :P

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Oh man. Worst timing ever to say something like that. Ouch.

Quoting Nee86:

I think it bothered me because I had just given birth to my first. I didn't mind my daughter being so reliant on me so I couldn't understand my mom. Now my daughter is 3 I can understand my mom. She never wanted to be a mom in the first place so a baby had to be horrible for her.

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Oh my! I would never! That's pretty funny from the outside, but I can imagine how that could kind of bother the child on the receiving end of THAT conversation. lol.

Quoting Nee86:

My mom was the same way. She actually told me she "hated" us kids when we were babies.

Don't tell your kids that.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Or they can't sit still for periods of time. Not my favorite age either, so far, for those reasons!:)

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

See I don't like them when they are between 1 and 3...when they run from you and you have to chase them...hey it's bath time come here..you need your diaper changed come here and they look at you and run the opposite direction!  Hate it!

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I like leaving the bathroom and finding my child building a fort and dragging his action figures all over the house. lol.

Quoting furbabymum:

I like that interactive but not mobile stage. I love putting DD somewhere and finding she's still there when I get back from the bathroom. :P

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

That's all stuff I like. xD

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Or they can't sit still for periods of time. Not my favorite age either, so far, for those reasons!:)

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

See I don't like them when they are between 1 and 3...when they run from you and you have to chase them...hey it's bath time come here..you need your diaper changed come here and they look at you and run the opposite direction!  Hate it!

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM

If DS could move those action figures back to the toy bin without WW3 I would agree with this. As it is I'm tired of stepping on metal fucking airplanes!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

I like leaving the bathroom and finding my child building a fort and dragging his action figures all over the house. lol.

Quoting furbabymum:

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is pretty good about picking up after himself if I'm helping, which I don't mind doing. My HUSBAND, however... ugh. Kids are easy. Adults suck. Babies are boring.

Quoting furbabymum:

If DS could move those action figures back to the toy bin without WW3 I would agree with this. As it is I'm tired of stepping on metal fucking airplanes!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Quoting furbabymum:

aiden032809
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM

im the same way. people are confused as to why i dont like kids or adore babies... i love my own son to death and i love my neice but other peoples kids and babies are not my favorite. lol

i def enjoy my son more now that he is 4 then i enjoyed him when he was a baby ... not a baby person ...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured