Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Worlds youngest grandmother at 23

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

23-Year-Old Becomes World's Youngest Grandmother

March 8, 2011
hospital bracelets - mom and baby
© James Tse

At 23, I was still in college, partying on Tuesday nights and flitting in and out of classes during the day. What were you doing? Even if you had a child, you definitely didn't have a grandchild, like 23-year-old Rifca Stanescu of Romania, who is said to be the world's youngest grandmother. (Although, according to Wikipedia, the youngest grandmother was17-year-old Mum-Zi of Nigeria.) 
Plus: 16 Early Signs of Pregnancy 

Rifca eloped when she was 11 in fear of being forced into marriage by her father, gave birth to daughter Maria at age 12. Now 11-year-old Maria has given birth to baby Nicolae after marrying last year. Rifca says she's glad to be a grandma, but had wished more for Maria. 
Plus: Totally Weird Baby Products 

I just hope the two young moms have lots of support; it's going to be a challenging road ahead for all three generations. And I hope Nicolae breaks the cycle and waits until he's an adult to be a parent. I was about to suggest someone send him some clips of Teen Mom, but he will probably get a taste of teen mom chaos in his own home. 
Plus: 15 Breastfeeding Celebrity Moms

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Damn she beat me..........I was 38 when I became a grandmother the for the first time.

caito
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Jeeeeeeeez.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Wow. My issue is with them marrying so young. Had that not been the case, I'm almost positive this would not have happen.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Wow.... That's all I can say!!
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:30 AM

lmao, like that's comparable. 

Quoting Sassy762:

Damn she beat me..........I was 38 when I became a grandmother the for the first time.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:31 AM
My mom was 36 and I thought that was young.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Poor kids. And people have me shit for having a child at 19. These kids have had hardly any childhood.
CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM

My sister has worked for WIC for the past 15 years. She's seen a couple really young grandmothers. But I'm not sure if any were that young. I think the youngest was 26.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Its not at all..... I read the post title and replied then read the post..................

I really need to start reading the posts FIRST............

Quoting thejodigirl:

lmao, like that's comparable. 

Quoting Sassy762:

thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I know. Totally gross. 11 year olds definetly don't want to make love and make a baby. So sad.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Wow. My issue is with them marrying so young. Had that not been the case, I'm almost positive this would not have happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN